Chapter 43: Playing Holy Knight


TL: Scaramochi


***


"Well then. Tiana is the princess and I'm the holy knight. And uncle will be the Demon King."


Misha made my mood worse, but then Tuck, bored, came over to play with me. So we comes out to the backyard.


Playing holy knight, huh? I had no choice but to play with them.


Tuck wrapped Tiana with the rope in his hand, handed me the end of the rope, and ran off behind the shed.


"Somebody, please help me!"


Surprisingly, Tiana is in a groove.


Then Tuck appears with a large towel tied around his neck and hanging down his back.


"That's enough! You demon king! Let go of the princess!"


"Wahaha. You've just arrived at this moment. Princess Tiana is mine. I won't let anyone have her even if I die."


Saying that, I pulls Tiana's body close and hugs her shoulders.


Hm? It's Tiana's turn. She has to say her lines quickly. But why are you looking down and why is your neck red? Did the spit get in the wrong place and you swallowed it?


"H-Holy knight! P-Please help me!"


Tuck quickly pulls out the branch tied around his waist and holds it in front of him.


"You demon king! Take the blade of justice!"


I let go of Tiana and mimicked a few blows with Tuck with the branch in my hand.


Tuck yelled as he took a grand stance.


"Holy slash!"


Tuck's branch hits me in the gut with force.


"Geez. I didn't expect it to be so strong......"


I stumbled back and fell down.


"What are you doing?"


After three more exchanges like this, I was getting tired of it.


"How about we trade roles once in a while?"


It's not very mature of me to be so stingy with the casting of a child's play, but I complain.


"Why do I always have to play the role of the Demon King or the Evil Minister?"


"Because you look so evil. You look like a villain."


You know a lot of difficult words like villainous person.


Children are honest. Sometimes they are brutally straightforward.


Well, it may be true, but do I look that bad?


I'm discouraged while touching the stubble on my chin.


"Tuck! That's an exaggeration!"


Tiana looked scared.


"Well, that's what kids say, and I don't blame him."


Why, I thought, but I tried to intercede.


"It can't be helped. Even kids have things they are allowed to say and things they are not allowed to say. Tuck. Apologize to Master."


Tuck rolled his eyes in surprise.


That's because if he thought she was a kind sister, but this is what he'd get.


"Uncle. I'm sorry."


"Oh, that's okay."


Tiana crouched down in front of Tuck and patted his head.


"That's great that you can apologize properly. But you shouldn't talk bad about people's faces. Besides, Master is a great guy. But sure, his face is a little scary."


You don't deny that part, huh.


"A great person?"


"Yes. Master is the leader and mentor of the adventurers."


"Do you have any holy knights in your group?"


Tuck's eyes light up.


"Not with me at the moment, but we have a friend of Master's who is a holy knight."


"Really?!"


"Yes, he has a knight, and he also has a priest like a saint as a friend."


"Wow, Uncle! Let me meet the holy knights!"


Tiana looks at me too quickly. She had an "I'm sorry" look on her face.


Well, it's not unreasonable.


For a slave, its Master's status is directly related to its own position. It is not hard to understand why they want to say that I am great, even if only a little.


But even if he asked me to meet with Zeigt, he would not be able to do so. He's busy to death.


"He's always busy with the king's business, so you won't be able to see him that easily."


"Heh? Stingy."


"Well, maybe he'll come around in three years or so."


"Is he really your friend?"


Tiana said it was time to get back to work, so that's enough playing holy knight.


I went into my room, leaving Tuck to start chasing flying insects.


Misha, who was talking to Gina about something, smiles tightly.


"Harris. About what you said earlier, I don't mind."


"It's about what other people think, you know."


"I don't care what they think. Tiana and Gina are the same way. I don't care what people who don't know what's going on say, just ignore it."


"The world isn't that easy, you know. Gina is in a different position because she is a mage with some skill. Once she gets a bad reputation, even if it's good for you, it's going to be a problem for Tuck."


Misha looks pained.


"I'll make sure to tell Tuck that. His body is growing slowly for his age, but he's smart."


I sit slumped on the couch.


"Well, if you've made up your mind, do what you want. But make sure you pay the rent. Gina's teaching Tiana how to write in exchange for rent."


"I'll go to work and earn my keep."


"Then you don't have to live with us."


"I'm going to work at night and I want Tiana to take care of Tuck while I'm gone. Of course, I will pay you for that."


"Oh. You're going to be serving at the bat inn?"


Gina's got some wisdom.


The bat inn at the tavern next to the guild had been missing its signature girl for about three months.


The owner of the inn couldn't run the place alone, and now he had to narrow down the number of customers.


Since the previous waiter had disappeared, he must have been in trouble because there were no new employees, although he was looking for new ones.


"The rent is three silver coins. In addition to that, I want you to pay Tiana directly six copper coins. She will take the cost of food."


"Okay, I'll pay for this month's rent and for food."


Misha took out four silver coins and handed them to me.


I give her a dubious look and Gina makes a leisurely sound.


"I'm putting them up for you."


"That kind of thing is usually done after you've paid off your debt to me."


"That's fine. It's okay. We're going to party for a while."


"I'm only going to lead this one time."


"Do you think the guildmaster will let you do that? After going to the trouble of procuring an ex-knight to lead us?"


At that moment, there is a knock on the front door, and then the voice of the person in question.


"Harris. I'd like to have a word with you."


I opened the door to find Carrie standing there with a mysterious look on her face.


"I'd like to talk to you in private for a moment......"


A big voice interrupts me as I step out, wondering.


"Brother! This is a message from Jonathan! He says the guildmaster hasn't returned yet, and he wants you to take care of Misha! Oh, Carrie, hello."


Carrie raised her eyebrows and glared at Comba.


Oh, this is going to be a struggle.



PREV | NEXT