Chapter 63: Gifts


TL: Akabane


***


"Haa~~ I'm so tired~~ I can't move anymore as a stone~~"


I slumped to the floor as my strength reached its limit. I can't even stand up anymore, let alone fight.


I pushed myself a little too hard this time.


I had lost a lot of blood in the fight with that crazy woman called "Witch" and my body was in shambles from the cost of releasing all of my magic power. I can't even work out my magic power as far as I know.


It took me a long time to figure out his attack pattern, and I was damaged even more.


If Tao Ron had not taken me for a fool and tried to finish me off with all his might from the start, I might have been the one who lost.


To be honest, the last attack was also a gamble. It was like stepping on thin ice, and it was almost paper-thin. It was a good thing that it was decided with a single blow, but if I had been caught, I wouldn't have had the strength left to counterattack.


From the outside, it looked like I was doing well, but in reality, if I had stepped out of line, it would have been over immediately. I'm really impressed with how well I did.


"Aniki!!!!"


"Gooo! Wait, Meimei ...... it's really bad right now, don't hug me so hard!"


Meimei jumps on me and the impact causes me to faint in agony.


I know you're happy, but please be a little more patient with the injured.


"I was so impressed with how Aniki fought! I can only say that it was really great. I didn't expect him to combine my technique with the Haten-ryu technique in that last scene!"


"I was also amazed at the switch from 'emotional stillness' to 'emotional'. How can you switch from the opposite mental states in an instant?"


"I was also amazed at the meditation ...... and how you were able to enter a deep state of concentration in an instant while standing in the midst of that tension."


"That's not all. This b*stard took a technique from Kikagei-ryu and Haten-ryu, which he hadn't even trained for, and arranged it in his own way on the spot. He is a disgusting b*stard."


"Haha ...... what the hell, you guys were watching me, right? I'm proud to say that my training seems to be paying off."


These guys are right on the money.


During the final phase, I meditated first.


The reason for this was that I needed to enter a state of deep "emotional stillness". With my body exhausted and unable to move, the only way I could respond to Tao Ron's violent attacks was to push my concentration to the limit and read through his thoughts.


By guiding him with my eyes and detailed movements, I was able to outrun him with minimal movement.


Conversely, Tao Ron, who was unable to land any attacks at all, became impatient and launched a large move with a large gap.


As if I had been waiting for him to do so, I broke my stance, then activated "Emotion" in order to decide with a single blow, and finally decided on a spiral kick as a revenge move.


Well, I wanted to use that technique because it was of good quality and the move was cool.


But still, I was glad to see that these guys understood what I was doing.


When I was pleased with the growth of my fellow, Frey asked me if she was dissatisfied.


"You didn't do that on purpose to show us, did you?"


"No way. ......I can't afford it. I was really in a tight spot. I used up all the cards I had and just barely won."


"Hmmm, something fishy is going on."


"Well, come on, Frey, it's finally all sorted out."


Athena was right.


The monster attack was prevented, Ryu and Tao Ron were crushed, and the Kikagei-ryu sign was protected.


All's well that ends well.


"It's not over ...... haha ...... ahahaha......"


""--?""


The voice I heard unexpectedly shook me. When I turned around, I saw that Tao Ron, who should have collapsed, was getting up as if in pain.


Oh, come on, give me a break, he's already recovered from that?


"I didn't want to use this move, but ...... enough, I'm going to kill you all!"


Letting out a vindictive cry, Tao Ron pulls out something that looks like a medicine from his pocket and puts it in his mouth.


A moment later, something unusual happened to his body. His physique grows nearly twice as large, and his muscles expand, bobbing and bubbling. His upper body became bloated, and his street clothes popped off.


Not only that ..... but his magic power has also been considerably raised.


(Wait a minute, I can't move anymore!)


"Die!!!!!"


""--!!!!!!!""


The transformed Tao Ron approaches, tongue out and face full of madness.


While Athena and the others brace themselves to protect me, who cannot move, a small shadow passes by.


"Serenity."


"Gah!"


Grandpa Pai parries a powerful fist coming at him from the front with both hands.


Unable to resist the flow, Tao Ron spun around and slammed to the floor. While he was puzzled, Grandpa Pai easily came close to him, and with a thud, he stomped hard on the floor with his palm! and he stomped hard on the floor and delivered a palm strike.


"Concentric water palm."


"Gahah--!!!!"


Tao Ron, who had been hit in the chest by Grandpa's palm strike, spit up all over the place and fell on his back. And this time, he was definitely unconscious.


We were all stunned by the old man who had defeated the reinforced Tao Ron like a lightning bolt.


""Ehh~~~......""


"Ah~ my back hurts. You shouldn't make this old man make a move."


The old man tapping his hip.


Haha ..... I'm no match for this old man after all.


***


"I failed, I failed, I failed, I failed! This, this can't be happening! It's their fault! If it weren't for those adventurers, none of this would have happened!"


That night.


In the dojo of the Haten-ryu, Tao Ron was lying on the floor, furious.


When he regained consciousness, he was already in the dojo. Apparently, Ryu, who had recovered, had carried him to the dojo.


To Ryu, Tao Ron hurled all kinds of abuse at him, calling him useless, incompetent, and so on.


Without opening his mouth, Ryu took the abuse in stride and disappeared after Tao Ron had his fill.


"Not yet, we can still recover! I'm going to go back and beat those guys to death tomorrow!"


Tao Ron shouts angrily, unable to control his anger.


Right now, the damage done by Dale and Master Pai and the side effects of the medicine make it impossible for him to move, but tomorrow he will recover. And this time, he was determined to crush Kikagei-ryu.


But he would never know.


Tomorrow would never come for Tao Ron.


"Fufufu, you seem very upset, I wonder what's wrong?"


"--?"


Suddenly, abruptly, the woman suddenly appears.


Tao Ron, sensing her presence, turns around to see "Witch" standing there with a bewitching smile on her face.


As Dale had predicted, "Witch" had escaped from the shockwave.


"Eh ...... "Witch"-sama?"


"It looks like you failed to crush the flow somehow."


"I-I ...... failed. But I'll kill them tomorrow, and I'll make this town become a stronghold of the Labyrinth Order! So please, please give me another chance!"


Scared, Tao Ron desperately pleaded.


To him, "Witch" tilted her head and said, "I see....."


"I'm sorry, but you're no longer of any use to me."


"Ha!"


She thrust her sword into his chest.


Tao Ron spits blood from his mouth and trembles as he stares at the "Witch".


"No ...... why....."


"This attempt was just an experiment. It could have worked or it could have failed. Besides, I could see the effect of the medicine I gave you. So, I don't need this town, you, and the Haten-ryu anymore. Also, we can't keep people alive who know about this. I don't want the other 'Seven Evil' to know about it."


"No, I don't want to die ...... I don't want to......."


Looking down at Tao Ron, who has finally died, "Witch" licks her lips with her tongue.


"Fufufu ...... that adventurer, I think his name is Dale. I'd love to see him again, I'd love to fight him again. Let's meet again someday, Dale."


***


"Thanks for taking care of me, old man."


"Thank you for your help too. I hope you guys are doing well."


"See you."


“I put a lot of effort into this.”


Dale and the others, having packed for their trip, were about to leave the town.


Grandpa Pai and Meimei are there to see them off.


Meimei approached Frey and took out a red bracelet from her pocket and presented it to her fearfully.


"Frey, I want you to take this."


"Huh, what's this?"


"This is a bracelet. It's a reward for all the hard work you've done as an disciple until today. I am Frey's sister disciple, you know."


"Don't tell me you went to all that trouble to be alone to buy this?"


"Yes, I did. You have a problem with that?"


Frey laughs and accepts the bracelet from Meimei, who is frowning with embarrassment, and puts it on her right wrist.


The red bracelet suited the red-haired Frey well.


"How do is it? Is it looking good?"


"Yes, you're looking good!"


"Let's fight again. I'm not going to lose this time."


""I'm not going to lose this time, either."


Fists collide with fists.


After saying their goodbyes, Dale and the others turned on their heels and left. Watching their backs, Grandpa Pai called out to Meimei, who was standing next to him.


"You can go with Dale and the others, Meimei. Don't stay in this old dojo forever, go and see the big world."


Meimei turned back to Grandpa Pai and with a big smile on her face, she said,


"That's okay, I am a martial artist of the Kikagei-ryu. Besides, without me, Master won't live long, will he?"


"Haha ...... you've got me."


The master smiled happily at his disciple's growth.


***


Thank you very much for reading this far!


This concludes the second volumes!


I hope you enjoyed it!


I have not started the next chapter yet, but I am planning to write mainly about Dale's past and his story.


I hope you enjoy it.



PREV | NEXT