Chapter 3: Tiana


TL: Scaramochi


***


I ended up giving up on selling back the girl.


After all, the take-back price was too low. Besides, the fact that her face was surprisingly not bad made me reconsider. Her figure, wrapped in dirty rags, was no better than that of a vagrant, but if I polished it, I might be able to make something out of it. Besides, I was dealing with a slave. I can do whatever I want.


I don't know if it's the kind of place that offers 10 gold coins, but from my experience, prostitutes are not always willing to play with me. Some women just lie there like fish on the market floor.


But a slave, on the other hand, has power of life and death, and I can do whatever I want.


But as it is, I would rather be holding a sheep. The ribs of her chest were floating in the air, visible through her torn clothes.


The fullness of her chest is no different from that of the boy have. The rich, fat, uncouth kid was bigger than her. There was no way I could have any fun with them. I had to fatten her up a little before I could touch her or make her do anything. I can't even get her to get moist.


Yeah, I don't have to rush to eat something green and tasteless, just wait for it to mature. It's mine, after all.


The girl who looked so bored looked at me as if she was scooping me up from underneath as I approached her.


I saw the peeling fingernails of her hands clasped together in front of her chest. I'd have to do something about that first. If I let her grip my hand with those fingers, mine would shrivel up.


A little bit of money given away at the temple would probably heal that wound. I'd like to get rid of the scar on her cheek, but it looks like an old wound, and I don't think I'll have enough money to completely remove it.


For now, I decided to ask the girl's name.


"You, what's your name?"


"Tiana."


"Okay. I'm Harris. I'm an adventurer, as you can see."


"Yes, sir. May I call you ...... Master?"


"Hm?"


"Um. I thought you came here to return the product because you didn't like me."


"No, I didn't. I'm Tiana's owner."


Instantly, Tiana's expression brightened.


She stood up quickly and bowed her head.


"Yes. Master."


"Follow me."


I headed for the steeple rising across the square.


At the temple, I announced my intention to come.


When I spoke to the priestess at the reception desk and showed her Tiana, she had a look of disdain in her eyes.


I was too lazy to make excuses, so I tried to ask her how much I should pay, but I heard a familiar voice.


"Oh my. Isn't that Harris?"


It was Eilia, the priestess who had been in the party with me until yesterday.


Dressed in simple clothes for everyday life instead of expedition gear, Eilia's femininity was more pronounced.


"You should have joined us for the celebration."


She asked as I responded appropriately to the social call.


"Can I help you?"


"Oh. I wanted to ask you to treat Tiana."


I grab Tiana's shoulder as she hides behind my body and turn her toward Eilia.


"She's a little hurt. I need you to heal it."


I let Tiana's arm come forward as she lowers her head.


"That's terrible ....... did Harris do this?"


Eilia's voice sharpens.


"What a cruel treatment of a person who cannot fight back. I have failed to see it. After all, there are times when you  do a lowly job, aren't you?"


There was plenty of disgust in her voice.


No matter what I calls myself, I'm still a thief. I'm used to hearing this line all the time. I had nothing to think about now. I was about to ask how much it would cost when I heard Tiana's voice in my ear.


"No!"


Tiana continues to speak, looking puzzled at having caught everyone's attention.


"Master would never do such a thing! He is a kind man! If I was shaking, he would put his own cloak over me, and he gave me food instead of eating it himself. This is not the master's fault!"


The receptionist priestess and Eilia were stunned.


Above all, I was the most surprised.


Tiana stared at Eilia with a ready attitude, not taking a step back. A few moments later, Eilia slowly lowered her head with a mysterious face.


"Harris. I apologize for being very rude to you due to a misunderstanding."


Eilia bowed a bit toward Tiana as well.


"Is this okay?"


"......Yes."


"I'll take care of this. Leave the rest to me."


The receptionist priestess left to deal with the next visitor.


"Although I am a servant of God, such outburst is not acceptable. As a token of my apology, I will be responsible for Tiana's treatment. Of course, your donation will be appreciated. I am grateful for the reminder that we shouldn't judge people by their appearance or occupation."


Despite my half-open mouth, Eilia held out her hand to Tiana.


"Come on, come here. You might as well have a hot water bath before your treatment."


Eilia said to her as she pulled her hand away and started walking away.


"You can take a tour of the chapel. It won't take long."


I'm not interested in God, so I sit idly on the bench and then Eilia comes over with Tiana.


She's wearing fresh clothes, though unwashed. Her light brown hair glistened in the ray of light streaming in through the window.


She was still skinny, but she smelled good and her fingertips were clean. And she didn't have a limp.



PREV | NEXT