Chapter 15: Uninvited Guests


TL: Scaramochi


***


Tiana is looking at me. She has never had a visitor before, so she can't decide what to do.


Looking her, I sigh, twist my body and pull my arm out. As I pull it out, I casually pat her ass, but it is still hard. I yell at the front desk as I stand up, gathering momentum.


"Wait."


I look back at Tiana.


"Can you prepare a meal for our guests?"


"Yes."


"Then prepare the food for the three of us."


I disarm the front door trap and open the door.


In front of me stood a very handsome man in pure white armor. He smiled at me.


"Long time no see. Harris."


"Oh. Well, what's up? Come on in."


"Sorry to bother you."


Inside, the man in armor, Zeigt, looked at me.


"It's been three years, huh? You've looked so much nicer. What kind of change of heart? And you smell so good too."


Then Tiana comes out of the kitchen, puts the food on the table, and bows.


"Welcome."


Zeigt looks more and more surprised.


I'm pleased to see that Zeigt, who is never surprised by anything out of the ordinary, keeps his mouth open.


Finally recovering from his shock, Zeigt introduced himself.


"My name is Zeigt, the holy knight. Nice to meet you."


He bowed gracefully, as if he were addressing a noble lady. Even if he didn't, he stiil has a good face, a strong arm, and this manner. No wonder he has never had trouble with women.


"I'm Tiana, a servant of Master Harris."


She bowed her head with a jerk and retreated into the kitchen. Zeigt catches me and pulls me to the corner of the room.


"What is that?"


"You're so rude. That's my employer. You heard it, right?"


"Don't lie to me."


"You're so mean. Why do I have to tell you such a stupid lie?"


"That's true, but......"


Seeing Tiana carrying the food quickly, Zeigt nods his head.


"I don't know much about it, but that girl shouldn't be so easy to get. You, I don't think so, but I hope you didn't spend any money on the back end. Speaking of which, I hear there's some fake gold coins flowing in this direction....."


I put my arm around Zeigt's shoulder.


"I wouldn't mess with something like that. I bought it with my honest earnings. You're an uninvited guest, but I have no choice. We'll talk over dinner. Come on."


I sat down on the front side of the table and pointed across to Zeigt.


Tiana stood by the chair on the right, near the kitchen.


"Just sit down. No need to be reserved with this guy. Just do what you always do."


Finally, Tiana took her seat with reserve. Then I rubbed my hands together.


"I'm starving. Let's eat."


I sipped the steaming fish and vegetable soup.


Zeigt also takes a bite of his food and his eyes widen. Surprising. The fried root vegetables and lamb wrapped in garden leaves taste just as good as always.


As I finish my gulp of soup, Tiana brings me a refill. I took a breather and spoke to Zeigt.


"So, what's the windfall of your sudden visit? I thought you holy knights were busy."


Zeigt, who had been eating lamb, said as he swallowed.


"Mm. Well, I'm just running an errand. I was on my way home and thought of you, so I thought I'd stop by and see if you wanted to share a meal with me for the first time in a while."


"Thanks for that. But the king is a very rich, having a holy knighy to running an errand."


"I can't give you the details, but I have my own reasons."


While looking apologetic, Zeigt doesn't say anything important.


He is indeed a holy knight. But well, it's not easy to be a knight who talks about confidential information so readily, that's why I decided to tease him a little.


"The "Dragon King" is in a state of crisis, and the messenger must be a holy knight to handle the job."


"!"


This guy has too straight a heart.


I start laughing as the response comes back just as I imagined it would.


"Why are you surprised that a thief from the countryside know such a thing?"


"No, I'm not surprised."


"Well, I'm just guessing. Forget it."


Having said that, I'm not worried at all.


Zeigt would rather behead himself than turn his blade against someone as weak as me.


He's honest as sh*t and hates crookedness. He has been like that ever since we were partying together for a while back when we were just starting out. It's funny that this guy and I are strangely compatible.


It was Zeigt who gave me sword training so that I could defend myself to some extent, and it was Zeigt too who gave me my favorite short sword.


It was ten years ago that Zeigt was pulled out of the party because of his skills, I think. Three years ago, he also asked me to join the regular army of the kingdom, but I turned him down.


Well, there is one thing I don't like about him. Unlike me, he is very popular with women. Many times I have seen women swooning over him.


I observed Tiana with a sideways glance. As we ate, she kept an eye on my and Zekuto's plates to see if they were empty.


We stopped talking about awkward topics and finished our meal while reporting on each other's recent activities since our first meeting.


Tiana served the cool drink and went to the kitchen to start washing dishes.


I nailed Zeigt, who was following her with his eyes.


"Hey. You're a man of color who has no trouble with women. Don't mess with that girl."


Zeigt chuckles bitterly.


"Did I look like I wanted something like that?"


"Yeah. The name of the holy knight will cries."


"Oh. Well, she sure is a nice girl."


Zeigt raises his hand as if to tell me to calm down.


"Don't worry. I'm not going to touch her. Besides, I don't think she'll taking me seriously."


"Huh? You're not interested in a slave girl?"


"What are you talking about? I'm not saying I'm not interested in her, I'm saying I won't touch her."


Zeigt smiles the smile that has charmed so many women in his life.


"I don't get it, Zeigt."


"Well, never mind. Oh, I've been here too long. I almost forgot that I was on duty."


Then I walk out to the front door to see him off.


"Oh, Zeigt. If something happens to me, can you vouch for that girl?"


"Hm? Well, that's fine. I'll tell the town hall in Norn later. But if you care so much, then  value your life. Don't be stubborn, just join the army."


"That's not the same, okay? Well, just in case."


We shake hands firmly. A little weight is lifted from my shoulders.



PREV | NEXT