Chapter 14: Bento


TL: Akabane


***


[Akari's POV]


"Mama."


"Hmm? What's wrong, Akari?"


"I want you to teach me how to cook ...... is it okay?"


When I says this, my mom rolls her eyes.


"You want to learn to cook ......?"


"Umm, yes ......."


"Ufufu, okay. I'll teach you specially."


"Really?!"


"Yeah, really."


"Thank you! Thank you, Mama!"


I said and hugged my mom tightly.


She laughs and pats my head.


I knew my mom was kind.


"Hey, hey, why do you want to learn how to cook?"


"That's ......"


I falls silent in response to my mom's question.


"Oh, did you meet someone you like?"


"...."


My body trembles.


Seeing my upset, my mom starts to grin.


"I see, I see. You've found someone you really like, hmm."


"No, I don't like anyone. ......"


"Really?"


"Umm, yeah. ......"


"Well, next time, will you introduce me to someone you like?"


"I don't have anyone I like......!"



















--- Lunchtime.



The sound of chimes echoes through the school.


Finally, the morning classes were over.


I'm really tired. ......


"Hey, Sakata-kun."


I hear a female's clear voice from the side.


Reflexively turning to the side, I see Shinomiya in her school uniform.


"What's wrong, Shinomiya?"


"Um, well, you know, ......."


Shinomiya begins to mope and play with her hands.


Her cheeks were slightly flushed.


What is it? You're acting weird. ......?


"I want you to eat this. ......"


Shinomiya handed me her lunch box.


Looking at her lunch box, I cocked my head slightly.


"What is this ......?"


"......I made one for Sakata-kun, too. Eat it if you like."


"Eh ......? You made lunch for me too?"


Shinomiya nodded shyly, "U-Un......."


Her face was bright red.


Oh, come on, seriously?


You made lunch for me too?


I didn't know Shinomiya could cook.


She looks like a gal, but she's surprisingly homey.


"Are you sure you want me to eat it?"


"Yes, please eat it."


"Okay, I'll eat it."


I said and accepted the lunch box.


I immediately opened the lid of the lunch box to check what was inside.


"Oh, wow!"


I let out an exclamation as I look inside the lunch box.


Shinomiya's lunch box was colorful.


Even just looking at it, it stimulates my hunger.


It seriously looks delicious. ......


"Here you go."


"Eh? Oh, yeah, thank you."


Shinomiya handed me the chopsticks.


I take them and start eating the bento she made.


It's so delicious.


Shinomiya looks at me as I eat my bento with a crunch, and her expression turns uneasy.


"Is that ...... delicious?"


"Yeah, it's delicious."


"Ho, really ......?"


"Yeah, it's true. It's really delicious."


When I said that, Shinomiya smiled, "Ehehe."


She looked happy.


"......Where did you learn to cook?"


"Mama recently taught me."


"Heh."


Shinomiya calls her mother "Mama"?


How cute.


"Can you cook, Sakata-kun?"


"Yes, I can."


"Heh?"


Shinomiya's eyes widen.


She looks surprised.


"I'm a little surprised ...... that you can cook."


When I was in 6th grade, my mother was so preoccupied with playing with men that no one cooked dinner for me at night.


So I learned to cook on the internet and made it myself.


Really, my mother is a piece of sh*t. ......


The thought of having that woman's blood in my veins makes me feel self-loathing.


"Sakata-kun ......."


"Hmm? What's wrong?"


"Shall I make you lunch again tomorrow ......?"


"Eh ......? Is that okay?


"Of course!"


"Then, please do."


"Yes! Leave it to me!"


"......"


I guess I'm the one this girl likes after all.


If Shinomiya confessed to me, what would I say ......?


.........


......


...


 







-- After school...



Finally, it's after school.


I put my pens and textbooks in my bag and leave the classroom.


As I'm heading to my shoe box, I hear...


"Hey! Yuji!"


Suddenly, I hear a male voice behind me.


Hm? Who is that ......?


Curious, I slowly turned around.


At the same time, I saw Masato Hajima's figure.


It was probably this guy who called my name.


"What is it, Hajima?"


"I have something I want to ask you."


"What do you want to ask ......?"


I nodded my head.


Ignoring my confusion, Hajima continued talking.


"Do you have someone you like?"


I blurt out, "What the......?!"


What's with this question .......


"How about it? Do you like someone?"


"No, I don't."


"Eh, you don't have anyone .......?"


Hashima is severely disappointed.


Hm? Why is he depressed?


Well, whatever.


I said to the disappointed Hajima.


"But there's someone I'm interested in, right?"


"Heh ......? Seriously?"


"Yeah, for real."


"Who? Who is she?


"That's ...... don't tell anyone, okay?"


"Okay ...... why don't you just tell me?"


"......"


"Hey?"


I turn my head from side to side.


No one is around.


Once I was sure of that, I slowly opened my mouth.


"...... Don't tell anyone, okay?"


"Yeah, I promise."


I whispered.


"It's Shinomiya. ......."


"Huh ......?"


"I'm interested in ...... Shinomiya."


"......."


Hashima rolls his eyes at my words.


After a moment, Hajima smiles wryly.


"I see. You're interested in Akari?"


"Well, yeah. ......"












[Akari's POV]



-- Night...


Today, Sakata ate the bento I made for him.


Moreover, he said with a smile, "It's delicious."


Ehehe.


I can't stop grinning, remembering what happened during lunch break.


"Ehehe. Sakata-kun~ Sakata-kun~"


I says that and hugs the pillow tightly.


Thinking about Sakata the whole time.


"Hmm?"


Suddenly, Masato called me.


What is it?


Curious, I picks up the phone.


"Hello, Masato?"


||  "Hey, Akari."


Masato's voice came from the speaker.


Why did he call me?


||  "I found out who Yuji likes."


"Eh? Really!"


||  "Yeah, it's true. He told me who he likes."


"Who is it? Who is Sakata-kun's favorite person?


||  "It's you!"


"......Eh ......"


Hearing Masato's words, my train of thought short-circuits.


My mind goes blank.


Sakata's favorite person was me?


Haha, ahahaha, you're kidding, right?


"Is what you said earlier true?"


||  "Yeah, he said it's for real. Yuji said he's interested in Shinomiya."


"......"


I see, Sakata likes me too.


As soon as I think that, my heart starts to heat up.


I'm so happy.


I'm really happy.


But it's a mystery.


When did Sakata fall in love with me?


Did he fall in love with me on that date?


||  "Hey, Akari..."


"Hmm ......?"


||  "You should confess your feelings to Yuji as soon as possible."


"Confess?


I couldn't hide my upset at Masato's suggestion.


||  "You like Yuji, don't you?"


"Umm, yeah. ......"


||  "Then, confess already. If you don't, another woman will get Yuji, right?"


"......"


Sakata is popular.


If I keep moping around, Sakata will go out with other girls.


I don't want that. ......


So...


"Okay, okay. I'll confess my feelings to Sakata-kun tomorrow."


||  "Heh? Seriously ......?"


"Yeah."


I will confess to Sakata tomorrow!



PREV | NEXT