Chapter 6: Karaoke


TL: Akabane


***


"Hey Yuji!"


Masato Hajima, who is in the same class as me, spoke to me.


"What the hell, Hajima?"


"Please, show me your homework!"


"What ......?"


I involuntarily roll my eyes.


"You didn't do your homework yesterday?"


"Haha, I didn't have time to ...... do it."


"Oh, I can't help it. ......."


I said, and took out a printout of my homework from my bag.


I handed it to Hajima.


"It's only for today."


"Oh~! Thank you! Yuji!"


Hajima took the homework printout and returned to his seat.


"Ah, yes. Yuji."


Hajima spoke again.


"Hmm? What is it this time?"


"Today, I'm going to play karaoke with my friends."


"What about it?"


"You want to come too?"


"Eh? ......?" I let my voice trail off.


"Are you sure?"


"Oh, yeah, of course."


"Then, I'm in."


"Okay."


After school, Hajima and his friends decided to play karaoke.


Karaoke, huh .......


I'm looking forward to it.


 









-- After school...



Afternoon classes were over.


I put my textbooks and writing materials in my bag and headed home.


I finally arrived home.


I change into my casual clothes and head for my destination.


The place I am currently heading to is a karaoke bar.


15 minutes later, I arrive at the karaoke bar.


Hashima and his friends were at the entrance of the karaoke bar.


There were three boys and two girls.


Hashima sees me and smiles.


"Oh, Yuji. You finally came."


"Sorry I'm late."


"No, we just got here too."


"I see. ......"


We step into the karaoke bar.


After completing the formalities at the reception desk, we move to the room indicated to us by the clerk.


Inside the room, we see a huge monitor and an L-shaped red couch.


Quickly. We sit down on the couch and start singing.


Now, it's Hajima who is singing.


He is tone deaf. ......


When I turned my head to the side, I saw a beautiful girl.


She has shoulder-length flaxen hair.


She has the looks of an idol.


She was dressed in her school uniform.


She was Shinomiya Akari from the same class.


Seeing my appearance, Shinomiya smiles cutely, "Heh."


"I didn't know Sakata-kun was here too. Did Masato invite you?"


"Well ....... did Hajima invite you too?"


"Yeah, that's right."


Shinomiya was also invited by Hajima?


Hmm? This guy calls Hajima by his first name, "Masato."


They call each other by name ......?


Could it be that Hajima and Shinomiya are dating?


I found myself uttering the question.


"What kind of relationship do you and Hajima have?"


"Huh?"


Shinomiya rolls her eyes.


But she immediately smiles wickedly, "Heh."


"Fufu, are you curious?"


"Yeah, I'm curious. What kind of relationship?"


"You think?"


"Well, is she your girlfriend?"


Shinomiya laughs at my words and says, "Puhahaha!


"No, no. Me and Masato are not dating."


"Hmm? Is that right ......?"


"Yes, that's right."


"Then, what's your relationship with Hajima?"


"We're, you know, childhood friends. We've been good friends since kindergarten."


"Oh, childhood friends."


Shinomiya and Hajima are childhood friends?


I see, so that's why they are good friends.


That makes a lot of sense.


"Hajima, do you like him?"


"Kukuku, of course not. I'm not interested in romance."


Shinomiya is not interested in love?


Probably hasn't even found her first love yet.


"How about you, Sakata-kun?"


"What ......?"


"Do you like someone?"


"No, I don't."


"Hmm, I see."


We continued our conversation.










-- Two hours later...



After breaking up with Hashima and the others, I returned to my house.


I took off my shoes at the entrance and went to the living room.


Yui was in the living room.


Seeing me, Yui's eyes sparkle.


"Yuji-kun. Welcome home."


"I'm home, Yui."


"You're back late today. What were you doing?


"I was playing with my friends."


"Hmm, I see."


I sit down next to Yui.


"Hey."


"Yeah. What is it?"


"Today, a boy in my class confessed his feelings to me. ......"


"......Eh......."


Yui's words made my mind go blank.


Someone confessed to her.....? 


The back of my chest is prickling.


What is this feeling ......? 


Jealousy?


Haha, I don't think so. ......


"Did he really confess to you?"


"Yes, it's true."


"I see. ......"


Yui is so popular, isn't she ......?


Well, she's cute.


It's natural that she's popular.


"Did you go out with him......?"


"Of course not. I turned him down."


"Oh, I see. ......"


I patted down my chest in relief at Yui's words.


What? Why am I relieved?


Could it be that I like Yui?


Is that why I feel relieved?


Haha, no way. ......



PREV | NEXT