Chapter 17


TL: Scaramochi


***


"Oh, Naito! Don't touch my body like that! We're still in school, remember?" 


"Fufu. Is it wrong for us to make love in school?" 


"It's not like that, but....... Hehe. Ehehehe. I can't help it~" 


"Ran. You're mine." 


Apparently, I had the wrong club room. 


Slam. 


"Hey, Yanagi! That was just a little joke!" 


I open the door a little at the sound of Ran's voice and check inside. 


Naito has waxed his shaggy hair and looks like a different person. 


For some reason, Ran is on Naito's lap, even though yesterday she would have had a crush on him. Naito hugged her from behind with both arms....... 


"What happened between you two?" 


"Eh. Don't you realize it already, Yanagi? I told him how I felt yesterday just like Yanagi told me to. And here we are now. You know what I mean, don't you?" 


You mean, "We're going out."?


She didn't do anything wrong. She just did what I told her to do....... But I didn't think she'll go out with him before me. 


"Yanagi. Thanks to you, I was able to change. Thanks!" 


"Oh, yeah, yeah. You're welcome." 


A smile that almost makes a piquant sound. 


I can't imagine that this face is the same person as the dull guy from yesterday. 


I mean, how could Ran get together with him so easily when I'm not even dating yet?...... 


"Fufu. Naito oh~" 


"Hahaha. Ran~" 


They hugged each other and their faces looked like they were about to kiss each other. 


I can't stay here any longer. 


I can't do anything so wild as to get in between two hot people.


***


Is it possible to have a one-sided love if you honestly tell him how you feel? 


The answer in my mind is no. 


The reason for this is that it's impossible to have a relationship if the other person doesn't feel the same way. 


Because you reveal your feelings to them, they may not like you. I thought that would happen to me, but as of now, she don't hate me. 


If that's the case, why haven't I been able to have that kind of relationship with Rinka yet? 


Even if it's 'pending,' does that mean I'm not aggresive enough? 


"Haa." 


I let out a sigh that would never come out in Rinka's presence. 


The place where Rinka is is the gymnasium. Right now, she is helping out the women's basketball team.  


How do I know that? Because I'm watching her from the gallery, unbeknownst to the others. 


"Nice!" 


Rinka is not only cute, she's cool. 


She's sweating and having fun playing basketball, while I'm just a spectator in the gallery. 


I wonder if I should join Rinka's cheering squad on the other side of the room. 


Even with that thought in my mind, I'm still here at....... 


"All I can do is watch, huh?" 


It's totally pathetic. 


There must be a time when you should tell someone how much you like them. 


Just like what Hashimoto said the other day, you have to have the right situation to make someone fall in love with you.  


I can't create that situation, so I've been left with a one-sided love until now....... 


"Haa." 


"What's wrong with that sigh?" 


Rinka was sitting next to me. 


"How long have you been there?"


"Fufu. I just finished a game where I was helping out, so I just got here~" 


"......You knew I was here?" 


"Of course. That's how I miss you, Yanagi?" 


"I see." 


"That's right. So ...... you're not going to tell me why you were sighing?" 


She turned her curious eyes on me. 


I'm susceptible to Rinka's pushiness. 


I was not going to say anything when she said, "I'm curious about it." 


"I know, I know. So you were feeling impatient because you hadn't made any progress since Ran and her friend started going out with each other." 


"Yeah, yeah. That's what I meant." 


It's hard to believe I'm talking to myself, but why am I confiding in the person I like about my problems? 


"I still can't believe that Ran has a boyfriend." 


"I don't want to disturb those two, so I probably won't enter that club room anymore. If you'd like to join...... Rinka, would you like to be a ghost club member with me?" 


"Sure." 


If Rinka becomes a ghost club member, there will be many days like today when she will be asked to help out. 


"But what are you going to do if you become a ghost club member?" 


I wondered to myself when she told me. 


"I haven't decided anything about what I'm going to do, but I want to be with Rinka as long as possible." 


"So you mean you'll stay at school instead of going home right away?" 


"I think there will be days like that, and maybe I will make a little detour when I leave. Could it be that you didn't like it?" 


"I don't hate it. I'm also happy that I get to spend more time with Yanagi." 


"I'd be mistaken if you said that." 


"It's okay if you misunderstand me, you know ......?" 


Whether or not she meant what she said. 


With that question in my head, I decided to return to the classroom. 


We were supposed to go back together, but Rinka said she had something to do and went away. So I was alone. 


She said something like that to me, but maybe she doesn't like me? 


I was walking slowly down the hallway, unable to clear my head, when someone said to me, "You said your name is Yanagi. You, don't hang around Kujo." 


Suddenly, I was tangled up with a big guy I didn't recognize.



PREV | NEXT