Chapter 46: Aihara And Sasaki


TL: Scaramochi


***


[Sasaki's POV]


I was so disgusted by the dull Makishima that I got rid of Azaki to protect Aihara. 


"Oh, thank you. Sasaki." 


"If you don't like it, you should just say you don't like it." 


"Ummm......... yeah, I mean..." 


Aihara floats a fake smile, her eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. 


I thought about it at the family restaurant, but I don't think I'm getting anywhere because I'm refusing in a roundabout way when I could just clearly say I don't like it. 


"Aihara doesn't like Azaki, right? Then why don't you just say so clearly?" 


"It's just that I'm not very good at it. It would be bad for Azaki if I said it too straightforwardly." 


"You don't need any mercy from such a prickly guy." 


"I don't know, haha." 


Aihara laughed bitterly and let the conversation drift away. 


"Sasaki's good, isn't she......?" 


"Eh?" 


"You know ...... I just thought that Sasaki is good at saying things clearly and clearly. I'm not good at saying no." 


Indeed, Aihara may be too kind, always misleading those around her. 


It's a little annoying because she's like...... Makishima too.


"Earlier, too, Azaki gave me something like this......" 


"What?" 


Aihara pulled out a single ticket from her pocket. 


......Eh, what's this? 


"It seems to be a ticket for the aquarium ...... and he asked me to go with him tomorrow." 


"Heh." 


"Sasaki? What's up?" 


"Nothing, nothing." 


What do you mean? 


Mojamoja said he had an extra ticket to give away....... 


I glared at Azaki who was talking to Makishima behind me. 


What on earth are you thinking......? 


***


Azaki and I played all the afternoon matches and won with ease and without difficulty. 


On the second day, all but the A team finished without losing a game and without injury. 


There was only one more day to go. 


It's still a long shot to move up to the A team, but we have done what we can do now. 


When I returned to my hotel room in the evening, Azaki had disappeared again. 


Jang-senpai had not returned yet, so I threw myself on the bed by myself. 


Just as well, let's gather our thoughts a little. 


Sasaki's first love is relatively tall and close in age. 


She saw him at work three years ago, but he didn't know her. Is this related to her study abroad? 


That's about it, roughly. 


Other than his personality, his features are somewhat Kanekawa-like, but if he is Kanekawa, the reason for studying abroad just doesn't mesh. 


"It could be a mistake to have studied abroad for a guy in the first place. And that's backed up by the gossip that Mizuki heard." 


Then there is a possibility other than...... Kanekawa. 


Three years ago, she came to our school, right? 


If it was me who she saw there, and Sasaki delayed a year to come to Koto University to pursue me, or something like that, it would be...... nice. 


I think I'm being too creepy and delusional. 


It's a miracle that Sasaki is next to me, but there's no way that I, a high school soccer dropout, am Sasaki's first love. 


There's no way the miracle of meeting a former idol at a blind date is inevitable ..... but if you think about it, I've met a former idol twice. 


That's also the two top former Genesistars. 


Is this really a coincidence......? 


Just as I was starting to think hard about this, I received an incoming call on my phone. 


"From Sasaki?" 


I answer the phone and Sasaki asks, "Are you okay now?" I replied, "I'm fine." 


||  "Um ......, are you free tomorrow afternoon?" 


"The camp ends in the morning, so I'm free." 


||  "Well, then ...... do you want to go to the aquarium or something with me?" 


"Do you want to eat something there?"


||  "Oh, don't talk about me like I'm some kind of sweet tooth foodie!" 


That's right. 


"If you want to go to the aquarium, that's fine. Is there any fish you're looking for?" 


||  "I don't have any special fish in mind or anything, but it's...... Golden Week and I wanted to go somewhere, I guess. Besides, I don't think the aquarium will be too dark and I don't think my face will be recognized, so I thought it would be okay even if it was a little crowded." 


"Sure, who would come to an aquarium and stare at other people's faces rather than at the fish? All right, then, why don't we go tomorrow afternoon or so?" 


||  "Yeah!" 


After that, we talked about today's game and stuff, and when the call ended, I looked up at the ceiling. 


"Aquarium date, huh?" 



PREV | NEXT