Chapter 7


TL: Akabane


***


Rin-chan, who is a first-year student, told me that even though her own classes had already started, they still had plenty of time to deal with various HR issues, such as physical measurements and taking photos needed to make ID cards.


I was told that it wouldn't be until next week that she would have all-day classes like me, so we decided to start meeting after school next week to study together.


We decided that the location would depend on our mood and financial condition at that time.


"How long do you want to do it for?"


"Let's see, I'll talk about it with my sister.  My parents get home late, so we share the chores when they get home, like making dinner and stuff."


"Sorry.  I didn't think that far ahead."


"No problem.  I don't do club activities, so I just do chores in my free time."


It's just a little late for dinner, and if I tell my sister about this, then she won't feel bad.


"You've said a lot of things before, but you're actually thinking positively, aren't you?"


"Why are you a little stiff now?"


Her face turned a little red, and she looked dazed.


It was a sudden change from how bold and assertive she had been before.


"No, I just feel regretful..."


"Hmm, you're doing something you're not used to... This isn't like you."


Apparently, she was more embarrassed than she thought and she felt even more regret for her previous actions.


I guess she was trying to act like a little demon, but Rin-chan's personality didn't really suit her, even if she had been influenced by my sister to some extent.


However, her strength is amazing.


She was ashamed of herself, but she was also very devastating to her opponent.


That is a double-edged sword.  I just hope that she realizes this and doesn't abuse it just for fun.


If she did, I'm sure our hearts would definitely be in each other's hands... and mine would be attacked in one way or another.


It's not a double-edged sword anymore.


***


"Well, this is it."


"Okay.  See you again."


I left Rin-chan at the crossroads and returned to my house as quickly as possible.


When I arrived home, the door was already unlocked, and my sister was home.


"I'm home."


"Oh, wow.  You're a little late today.  Did you take a detour?"


"No, I went home with Rin-chan."


"Eh?"


I wasn't expecting it, but I heard my sister's short voice.


"You guys went home together?"


"O-Ohh... Yes, but..."


I did.  I talked about it as if it was a natural thing.


My sister, who was happy that I finally made contact with her yesterday, must have been surprised at how quickly we progressed.


"You guys get along so well!  Who's talking first?"


"Rin-chan, I think.  She asked if I wanted to talk about high school and stuff."


We did actually talk about club activities on our way home, so I wasn't lying.


I'll leave the rest to Rin-chan and let my sister ask all the questions she wants.


"I see! So, did Rin join the club?"


"Rin-chan could tell you more about it, but she doesn't really have anything she wants to do."


"Hmm, so Rin isn't a member of any club, just like Nii-san?"


"That's the thing... Rin-chan wants me to watch her study after school because she's having trouble with her high school studies, and I want to spend an hour or two with her."


"Hoho~ Or rather, you guys have gotten to know each other very well in a very short time, right...?"


"Y-Yes, that's it..."


As expected of my sister, she was skeptical because the story started too soon──


"That's good, if it can have a positive impact on my friend, it's certainly better than being lazy and not joining any clubs."


As expected, a positive answer came out of her mouth.


"Thank goodness I have an understanding younger brother."


"Yeah, but what makes this troublesome Nii-san willing to go to such lengths?"


However, my younger sister, who had gotten to know me much better than usual, was bothered by the fact that I was willing to go to such lengths.


"No, it's because she's a friend that I take care of a lot.  I often feel sorry for her when you call her to come over but then you make her wait!"


"No, you know what?  No matter what my schedule is, I still have to help people when they depend on me.  Besides, Rin understands that too!"


"Even if you think so, I feel sorry for her from an outsider's perspective.  That's why I'm motivated to do what I can!"


"Heee~" she replied languidly.


She seemed to be satisfied with the situation, other than bothering to deal with me.


"Well, this is just part of the story, I wanted to talk to you."


"Don't put extra attention and demands on girl talk, it's disgusting.  Besides, I don't need onii-san to tell me everything."


My sister's mood became a little bad, so I stopped talking further.


Normally it would have made me feel a little uncomfortable. But right now, it helped me a lot.


I'll just assume that Rin-chan will take care of the rest.



PREV | NEXT