Chapter 3


TL: Akabane


***


After class was over, I immediately rushed home because there were no club activities that I had to attend.


As a second-year student, you have to be the central figure in club activities, and even though my friends and I had worked hard, the results were a mess.


However, as I told them, even if I didn't want to play soccer, I still wasn't sure if I wanted to join a club or not.


Moreover, since I was injured in club activities in middle school, it was really hard for me to do anything, so I decided not to do it anymore.


First-year students who hadn't thought about joining a club would go straight home just like me, so I joined them and made it look like we were in the same group.  Even though it didn't mean anything.


The first thing I did when I got home was pick up all my laundry.


Even though we were family, I tried to avoid touching the women's laundry directly.


Afterward, the ingredients and recipe book were ready, so I started preparing dinner.


"I'm home."


"Welcome home."


Just then, my sister came home.


"Oh, I'll help you."


"Just take care of your laundry and your mom's laundry first."


"Yes~"


My sister obediently began sorting through the pile of laundry she had just picked up.


"Rin-chan has come all the way to my class today to meet and greet me."


"Oh, really?"


"Yes.  She hasn't changed, in a good way."


"Doesn't she look cute in her uniform?  I know, because she showed me her picture beforehand."


"It looks really good on her.  I mean, there's nothing that doesn't look good on her."


When I mentioned it, my sister's excitement increased considerably.


She talked about her as if she was bragging about herself.


"I was wondering if she would go see Nii-san since she asked where your class was.  So you must be happy, right?"


"Yes... I was surprised."


"What's with the quick reply!?  Even though there's a cute girl coming to see you, you know!"


"That's true, but..."


Of course, I can understand why my sister would say that.


But as you can see from her words, she was speaking on the premise that I had no romantic feelings for Rin-chan.


My sister has a very simple way of thinking, for better or worse.


She's not the kind of person who cares much about what other people think, including what I'm thinking at the moment.


I was sometimes surprised by her courage, but from my point of view, I envied her greatly.


"Did you say anything else to her?"


"Ermm... No, she came during a short break in my class, so I just said hello to her.  I also told her that I would support her if she needed anything."


"Well, that's true I guess.  You two didn't have time for a long chat like that~ I mean, you haven't really talked much with Rin since the beginning, have you?"


"Y-Yes."


My sister reacted with satisfaction to the fact that Rin-chan and I could talk to each other and make contact.


That was probably why she didn't realize how nervous I was.


My sister thought that Rin-chan and I were just casual acquaintances, and that we had little to say to each other.


The fact that she was so insistent on helping me with my problem proved that she didn't think much of it.


"I hope you and Rin get to know each other better than I did in high school."


My sister laughed cheerfully and told me that.


I didn't mean to gloat, but I could only smile at the thought of that actually happening.


Unbeknownst to my sister, Rin-chan and I had become good enough friends to have useful conversations.


In the short time we spent together in my sister's absence, we began to talk to each other more and more.


However, neither of us exhibited such behavior in front of my sister, so she knew nothing about it.


"Well, I guess that won't happen, you know?"


That's all I said with a laugh.


My sister smiled and laughed again with a sweet smile.


"Rin, I'm sure he's very popular.  Even when we were in middle school, she was amazing."


"I already told you.  Before, even my classmates said that she was cute."


"That's right~!  I'm sure she'll definitely get a lot of invitations to be the manager~!  I'll ask her what club she's interested in!"


As she said that, she quickly took out her cell phone and snapped her fingers quickly.


That's my sister who always acts as soon as she thinks of something.


Because of this personality, Rin-chan had to wait for her at our house many times.


Normally, I would say, "What's wrong with her?" But Rin-chan always said this with a smile.


"That's how good Saki is.  She's really nice and cheerful."


I've heard many people say that, so I guess it's not a bad thing.


"Fum.  She's still hesitant about her club activities.  And because I asked her about her club activities, so I told her that Nii-san is from the lazy house club."


"That's true, so I can't deny it."



I couldn't complain about what they said or did to me because it was true.


"Or should..."


"Hmm?"


"Since Rin keeps asking about Nii-san, why don't Nii-san and Rin exchange contact information and talk to each other?"


"Ueeeh!?"


A big voice came out.  Even I don't know where the sound came from.


"What kind of sound did you make just now?"


"Sorry, I just choked.  You don't have to do that much, okay?  You can tell me what's going on."


"No, there's a lot to talk about.  This is a good place to start."


"No, but..."


"Rin said it's okay to exchange contacts.  I'll tell you her ID so you can add her as soon as possible."


"You don't care about my opinion, do you?"


After all, my sister's personality is very ignorant and she doesn't seem to mind.



PREV | NEXT