Chapter 24


TL: Akabane


***


After lunch, the conversation continued with talk of future plans.


"Rin, are you free?"


"Yeah, I haven't gotten any more calls, so I'm still free.  What about you two?"


"Well, if Rin doesn't mind, we'd like to stay a little longer.  Do you want to join us?"


"Don't say anything else, I'm coming."


Since there was no particular reason to leave early, so I decided to let them relax here.


"Ah, if I'm not mistaken, I heard that Onii-san came here because of Saki's coercion.   What do you want here?"


"What?! That... Umm..."


There was actually no problem telling Rin-chan, but my sister seemed hesitant to tell her.


"Is it necessary to hide it from Rin-chan too?"


"Ah, no!  I came here to look for Red Okra!"


"Red Okra... is that so?  I didn't have the impression that it could be used too often for cooking."


"Actually, I'm just curious as to what it tastes like.  And the only way to get it was to come here."


"You became interested in cooking?   What happened to you anyway?"


"Well, because I saw Rin was good at cooking, so I want try it too.  Normally, I shared the role with Onii-chan until now, but since he was always with you after school, I was the one who cooked every day.  And as a result, I managed to improve my cooking skills."


It was true that the two of us started taking turns doing the housework.  And although she started to become obsessed with cooking, but I didn't know that she had such a goal.  I mean, this was also the first time I heard that Rin-chan was good at cooking.


"Is Rin-chan good at cooking?"


"She's very good at cooking.  It can't be compared to me."


"I'm not that good... and I haven't cooked in a long time either."


"Well, that's because you're busy with your new life, right?"


"Saki, who said that?!  What a new life..."


"Hyahaha, you actually know what I mean, right?"


"Umm, Saki..."


"Oh, I forgot to tell you before, but I've broken up with him since middle school."


"That's a relief..."


I had heard about my sister's boyfriend before, and I really hoped that they broke up.  That's because the more I heard about him, the more unpleasant his personality became.


"Well, I really shouldn't have dated him.  When I talked about breaking up, he said a lot of things about this and that."


"He must be desperate, somehow, I can imagine it..."


"Since Rin has always been popular, so maybe you'll be interested in high school romance.  But I don't think you should date someone for no good reason..."


From my perspective, I thought it was just a mild feeling.  But from my sister's point of view, it seems that I've learned a lot.  Only after you get used to the relationship you're in, you'll be able to maintain a relationship with that kind of feeling.


The chairman probably feels regretful when she thinks back about her relationship with her ex.  Especially when the reason is like that.


I have said a positive opinion from my point of view, but I doubt if I can have a pleasant atmosphere to be close to someone with that kind of feeling?


"Don't worry about that.  Based on my judgment, if I were to date someone with half-hearted feelings, it would be painful and would collapse halfway through.  I won't do it according to your advice."


"Well, I thought I had learned from Rin about understanding love... I was really disappointed this time.  I don't want to make the same mistake again."


"I've never been on a date before!  So, what did you learn from me...?!"


"Well, that's true.  I've never heard of Rin falling in love with someone."


"I'm not going to tell anyone what I don't know.  I don't have anyone to do it with either.  If I did, I'd tell Saki all the time."


"Really?  But you didn't say anything about your grades to me!"


"Ahaha, that's right!"


"Well, yeah.  There must be things you want to hide, right?"


"On the contrary, isn't it Saki who's too open?"


"Well, yeah.  Is there someone you like recently?  Or do you have someone you're interested in?"


"Maybe?"


"Oh, playing secrets?"


"Ah, at least we're not in the same class!"


"Does that mean he's your senior?"


"......Maybe?"


"Hyahaha, I was right on target!"


My sister jumped onto the table.  Meanwhile, Rin-chan smiled cheerfully at the sight.


"But, this is very interesting to talk about.  I've never heard of this before."


"Yeah, me too."


"But, if that happens, it'll be hard for you to get along with Onii-chan."


"Well, I think that's normal.  And it will definitely happen when the time comes."


Of course, as my sister said, if Rin-chan had a boyfriend, and we still meet each other, it would definitely be a problem for her.


If that really happened, it would make me sad, but I still had to remember that it would definitely come someday.


"I don't think that will happen."


"What?"


Rin-chan denied my and my sister's words.


"Why?"


My sister asked so, but Rin-chan just smiled and said nothing.


Then, Rin-chan's phone suddenly made a noise.


"Well, then, I'm going back to my parents' place... sorry that I've been called to go home."


"Yes, see you, Rin!"


"That was fun.  Thank you."


"No, no, I'm the one who should thank you for the ice cream."


After bowing her head, Rin-chan left the food court.


"I couldn't read Rin's mind today.  Why are her answers so dangling?"


"If you don't even know, how can I?"


"I'm curious because she didn't answer and gave that expression instead!"


"Never mind, let's get our groceries and head home."


"Yes!"


We left the food court and picked up the items we left in the coin lockers and headed home.


Looking at Rin-chan's last facial expression just now, I wondered if she had started to step into the complicated part of romance?


However, I also thought that I should consider not being an obstacle to Rin-chan's relationship with her boyfriend in the future.



PREV | NEXT