Chapter 8


TL: Akabane


***


[Kujo's POV]


They would get close to me and steal confidential information about my father's company from me.


They gets close to me and takes money from me.


They become intimate with me and accuse me of a crime.


They become intimate with me and cheat on me.


They follow me from behind without intimacy.


They use me instead of being intimate with me.


No matter how good looking they are, their hearts are not something to be admired. No, it can be said to be something to be admired.


-- I am incapable of doubting people.


Therefore, I have been taken advantage of by various people over and over again for a long time. Each time I was scolded by my parents.


It was Igarashi who saved me from those days of despair.


"Have you ever doubted anyone?"


He said this to me when I first met him, and later taught me what "doubt" means.


And it was Igarashi who told my parents that I could not doubt.


After all that happened, I thought that Igarashi was the only one who could understand me and protect me, and I was protected by him.


***


"So that's why."


Suddenly, she talked about her dark past, and I was at a loss for words.


"I can't trust people."


Why she didn't show any sign of dislike when she found out about my fake account.


I think I figured out the reason now.


"Yanagi, do you know me better than Igarashi?"


"Of course. I love Kujo."


"Hmmm, that's reassuring."


So what Igarashi said to me, "Take my place," can also be translated as "I leave it to you."


What a light guy, even though he has been protecting her for a long time.


"Igarashi is a good guy, isn't he?"


"I told you earlier, didn't I? Igarashi is a good guy."


The conversation came to a halt.


We are both silent, and the ticking of the second hand of the clock echoes through the room.


I was in a hurry to say something when it became quiet, but strangely enough, I felt Kujo next to me, so I didn't think so.


-- I was still in a hurry, but I felt that I had to ask her something.


"Why did you run out of the house and go to the park in the rain?" That's it.


I don't know if this is something I should go into at this point, but I'm willing to give it a try.


I want to help Kujo.


"Kujo. Can I ask you something?"


"What?"


"Why did Kujo come out of her house in the rainnya ......?"


I bit my tongue at the worst part.


"Pfft. What do you mean "Rain-nya"?"


"I means "Rain"!"


I'm being made fun of. I'm totally being made fun of by Kujo right now.


...... No, being made fun of means it's not such a serious story.


"Hmph. Sorry, sorry. So, what were we talking about?"


"......That's, why Kujo ran out of the house in the rain."


"Oh. That's because my mother was about to hire someone to tutor me, so I ran away."


"What?"


Is that why you had such empty eyes?


Is that why you took a bath with me?


"What is that? It was a disgusting thing for me to do."


"Oh, I see. ......"


She didn't like having a tutor, so she ran out of the house, picked up by me, and took a bath with me... I thought there was a more ridiculous reason.


I mean, I think Kujo is smart enough to not to hire a tutor.


""You haven't won first place in your grade yet!" and "If you work harder, you can get to the top!" she is so selfish. ......"


I've never seen Kujo look so disgusted as he mumbled these little quips.


"Hey, why are you laughing?"


I didn't mean to laugh, but apparently I did.


"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you."


"I can't feel relieved even if you say that, but... Ah, could it be that you think that I'm like a child?"


"No, I don't think so."


"Then why did you just stumble over your words?"


"...... Sorry. I was thinking a little."


"Hmmm. I'm not sure what you're talking about."


Kujo turned her happy face toward me.


This is also an appearance I have never seen before.


The distance between us is like we are a couple.


I was just leaning in close to her, but I was mistaken.


"As expected, since I even borrowed the bath, so I guess I'll go home soon."


"Ah, yes. The rain has stopped, right?"


"Hmm. Then......."


"I'll walk you home."


"What? It's okay, it's okay. It's pretty close."


"But I can't just send someone home who just ran out of the house just because she'll having a tutor."


"...... You're kidding me, right?"


"No. Not at all. Not even a little?"


I'm actually teasing her.


"Well, if you're going to go that far, I'll have no choice but to ask you to give me a ride. But it's really close to my house, right?"


"Yes. I want to be with Kujo as much as possible, so I'm glad that's close."


"Ah, yes. Let's go then!"


Kujo's house.


It was a few alleys down from my house.


"Um ...... are you sure this is the place?"


"Yeah. I told you it was close, didn't I?"


That's not what I asked. ......


Apartments. And it's a so expensive condominium that you'd think it could reach the clouds.


I heard that you have to be super rich to live here. ......


"I'm going to ask you something, but could it be that Kujo's family is rich?"


"Hmm? Well, my dad just owns a few companies."


Isn't that what you call rich?!


"Owning several companies? Kujo's father is amazing, isn't he.....?"


"No, no, no, he's not amazing at all. He's just a stupid uncle."


I guess this is what is called tele-hiding.


I was very happy to see something I don't usually see in Kujo.


"Well, I'm going to leave now. I'll see you at school."


"Wait."


She pulled my hand.


"If you want, can I thank you for saving my life?"


How could I say no when she said thank you to me. .......


I was obliged to pay a visit to Kujo's house.



PREV | NEXT