Chapter 24: Cool Bishojo And The Trauma Of Ayane Kiraboshi


TL: Akabane


***


I catches and eats a baby sponge cake that spills out of her hand, just inches from the ground.


"Oh, no. What's going on all of a sudden, Sasa--ki?"


Sasaki, whose eyes were only on the sponge cake until a moment ago, turns bloodthirsty and stares at the center of the pitch.


The guests are former Genesistars, which means they are former colleagues of Sasaki's, but there is something wrong with Sasaki.


--- "Mizuki-chan's entrance!"


The stadium DJ introduces the guest, who walks to the center of the pitch.


She is a female singer named Mizuki, with shiny black straight hair with her bangs pulled to the left.


A camera shot of her walking alongside the singer on the stadium's electronic billboard shows a close-up of her face.


She has a beautiful face that looks like she could be an actress or something, but her sharp features and strong eyes give the impression of a slightly harsh personality.


--- "Mizuki-chan! Nice to meet you!!!"


--- "..........."


Former Genesistars means she was an idol like Sasaki, right?


I'm not very affectionate for that. ......


--- "Mizuki-chan! The first half ended 0-0 and it's still a draw, can I get a word in for the home team!!!"


--- "............"


--- "Oh, um?"


--- "............ I hope we win."


--- "Yes! Thanks for the cool comment and love! Well then, Mizuki-chan! Say hello to the new song!"


Regardless of whether it was home away, the spectators with psyllium called out "MIZUKI".


As if in response to the fans' cheers, her clear voice from the microphone echoed throughout the stadium.


I have heard this voice ...... before.


I think it was her voice for the solo part in the theme song of the championship.


I don't know much about it, but I had heard this voice in other songs as well.


-- But that's not the point.


When I looked next to her, Sasaki was silently staring at Mizuki.


"Sasaki, are you okay?"


"......"


"Sasaki?"


"Nah, what can I say?"


While the crowd was transfixed by Mizuki singing in the center of the pitch, Sasaki turned over and stared at the baby sponge cake in the paper bag.


"That girl's face is the last thing I want to see right now."


"Why you don't want to see her, that Mizuki was your colleague..."


Wait a minute. I thought Sasaki said before that she quit the idol group because she had a conflict with a member.


Judging from this reaction, isn't it possible that singer Mizuki is the member with whom Sasaki had a conflict, right?


If so, this time is hell for Sasaki.


Mizuki's live song is played in the stadium.


In the middle of it, I took Sasaki's hand and stood up.


"What's wrong?"


"Sasaki, take your luggage."


"Luggage?"


"Let's get out of here. You don't have to see anything you don't want to see.


"...... Umm, yes."


Sasaki picked up a luggage from her feet and stood up.


From there, Sasaki seemed to understand the meaning of my actions and silently followed behind me.


***


There were few people outside the stadium, perhaps because the Mizuki halftime show was being held inside.


I walked out with Sasaki and stopped in the shadow of a pillar outside the stadium.


"Sorry Sasaki. I didn't know that the former Genesistars were coming to the halftime show."


"It's not Makishima's fault! Even if you had known, you wouldn't have known about our situation, since you're not in the industry, would you?"


"The situation ......?"


"That girl Mizuki just clashed with me."


I knew it was the other party in the incident that became the reason why she quit being an idol.


If it wasn't for that, she wouldn't have turned so pale just by looking at her face, would she?


"So it's not Makishima's fault. It's my fault ...... that she's traumatized me forever."


"Sasaki ......"


She quit at the height of her popularity, no wonder.


Sasaki's condition is not good, and I feel sorry for her if she has to work any harder.


Besides, it's the "fans" who are the most concerned about ......


".....Sasaki, let's get out of here."


"I'm fine! I'm look better, and there's still the second half to go."


"No, Mizuki is here, which means there are a lot of Genesistars fans here."


"You're right, but is it ...... okay? You've saved me some good seats. ......"


"You're more important than money."


"Eh?"


"So let's get out of here."


"Uh-huh."


Me and Sasaki left during the half time.


I felt bad for Azaki, who had gone to the trouble of buying it for me. I would buy him a meal or something next time.


As we walked from the stadium to the station, Sasaki tugged at my clothes as we walked next to each other.


"What's wrong?"


"Sorry about everything."


"Don't apologize. It's not like you."


"Because ......."


Sasaki was so depressed that even with her mask on, I could tell that she was depressed.


Sasaki has a difficult past, and she has no choice.


When I stop at an intersection, I see a family restaurant in front of me.


Well, I hadn't had lunch yet. (Sasaki next to me had a stadium gourmet meal.)


"Sasaki, would you like to go out to eat somewhere afterwards?"


"Are you hungry?"


"I only ate one baby sponge cake that you almost dropped. If you're not feeling well, I'll pass."


"I want to go! I don't want to go home yet!"


Sasaki regained a little bit of her energy.


She is always in high spirits when it comes to food.


"Hey, Makishima."


"Hmm?"


"Thanks you ......."


Sasaki mutters, somewhat embarrassed.


Yes, it's the usual Sasaki.


The tension from before is gone, and her mouth relaxes in relief.


"Why are you smiling?"


"I'm not smiling. What do you want to eat?"


"Pancakes!"


"...... Seriously?"


After that, we had to visit pancake stores and fill our stomachs with sweet treats.


***


When I returned to my room after my pancake tour with Sasaki, I received a chat from Azaki.


From Azaki? You mean Spike?


[Makishima. I have something important to tell you.]


What's the matter?


I look at the chat screen while taking a bath.


[The last blind date ended in failure.]


You guys who's destroyed yourselves.


[But next time, I'll do it.]


Next time ......? What has this guy been saying since a while ago?


I had been watching Azaki's statement on the sidelines until now, but I got tired of it and replied to him.


[What do you mean by next?]


[I've set it up again! I'll tell you the details tomorrow in your room!]


That son of a b*tch Azaki, he set me up for a blind date again!


I had a feeling that the trouble-maker was going to bring trouble again.



---


Next time, an unexpected person will appear...?



PREV | NEXT