Chapter 12: The Promised Match (Determination And Accident)


TL: Akabane


***


There have been three games so far since I started college, and this is the second game I've played in.


In my first college game, I made a mistake on a trap and lost a goal on a short counter, making me a culprit.


I couldn't afford to screw up today.


After the half-time intermission, we were back under the clear blue sky.


A spring breeze caressing the turf.


The fervor of the warriors spreading out before us.


Before the second half begins, a change is announced from No. 9 to No. 18.


"Makishima."


Azaki, coming from behind, patted my ass with a nasty hand.


"Hey! Don't be a creep!"


"I thougth you're nervous. You should be thanking me. I'm your best friend."


You went from "best friend" to "garbage man" a long time ago.


"If I hadn't been so selfish, you'd be on the bench right now licking your fingers."


"That may be ...... true, but..."


"Aihara-san was in the audience today, right? And the black mask you brought back from the party ...... I think her name is Asakura-san?"


"It's Sasaki. Do you have no memory at all?"


"I can't remember girls with less than an F-cup!"


You're so rude, you know?


"Anyway! That Sasakura-san is here too, so show her your good side."


Does this guy think soccer is just a tool to make him look cool......?


It's just like Azaki, if you ask me.


I glance at Sasaki.


Sasaki points her index finger at me.


I think she was saying, "Go get a point, idiot."


......Not so cute.


"Azaki, I have a favor to ask of you. Can you do it?"


"What's the matter with you all of a sudden? You're a blabbermouth, but if you say something serious, I'll get cold feet!"


"It's a mistake of you. You're the one who's stupid."


"Huh?! I'm stupid?!"


"Yeah, so noisy"


"So, what you need?"


"......Give me through pass, keep it coming through. I don't care if it's a grounders or a floater."


Azaki said, "Okay," and walked away from me.


Regardless of what I promised Sasaki, it's time to start scoring and getting results......


The second half started with a mixture of frustration and nervousness.


I have no luck or talent.


I got into a strong school, but in my three years of high school, I never stepped on the national turf.


But I continued to work hard.


I worked harder than anyone else. I shed tears as much as anyone else. As a result, I was able to get into Koto University.


So ...... if I did nothing here, it would be the same as high school.


--- "Why the hell is Makishima the number 9 of Hoshigami?"


--- "Hoshigami has fallen, hasn't it?"


--- "They're too small fry to even compete, let alone win the national championship. And who the hell is that FW."


I didn't want to be Hoshigami's number 9. I just wanted to leave a satisfactory result.


I don't want to repeat those three years.......!


"Azaki!"


"Yes, yes."


I was poised between the two opposing center backs when the ball came in from Azaki at my feet.


"I'll crush the number 18, and the number 10 freshman will come through in front of me! Mark in."


The enemy CB, number 2, wearing the captain's mark, comes in with his body.


While me and No. 2 are competing at the edge of the ball, Azaki comes up to draw his mark.


I return to Azaki and turn myself forward.


"Nice post. Makishima, you come with me."


Azaki dribbles past one by one, flowing to the right side.


I ran diagonally to the opposite left side, creating space for myself in front of the goal.


Azaki sensed this and placed a sharp cross right in front of the goal. The ball went right over my head.


It was good. The short counter that I had been working on with Azaki during our practice sessions was now in effect.


It was too good to be true, but I knew it was you, my best friend, who I should trust, Azaki.


I was going to head the ball into the goal.


My body reacted on its own.


With a dull thump, the ball slid through the keeper's hands and was sucked into the goal.


This was my first collegiate goal.......


I felt a sharp pain in my head when I saw the goal.


My eyes were dizzy and I looked around.


Something ...... was making a lot of noise around me.


It's only natural, since I've scored a goal, but something is wrong.


When I looked down, something red stained the green grass.


"Hey, Makishima! Hey! Call the medics quickly!"


Azaki? What's with that serious face?


I scored a goal.


Then, my consciousness gradually faded away.




---


I'm sorry for the many descriptions of soccer in this story.


Sorry for the many soccer descriptions in this story.


The next story will take a new turn.


---



PREV | NEXT