Chapter 5: Dating


TL: Scaramochi


***


It was the first holiday since I confessed my feelings for her.


Today is the day I have a date with Minagi.


I arrive at the meeting place and yawn loudly.


"Wow...... I'm so sleepy."


I couldn't sleep much last night because I was having too much fun.  Because the other party is that Minagi, right?  You can imagine that I was more nervous than an elementary school student before a field trip.


Even so, I couldn't let her see me looking so bad.  I had dressed well and brought plenty of money.


The only thing left to do was to make sure she would enjoy the party.


"Nukumori-kun, good to see you again."


"Ah, Reina......--!"


The moment I turned around, I gasped.


Because there she was, a goddess.  Well, she was so beautiful Minagi that I wanted to describe her that way.


She was wearing a long white one-piece dress.  The innocent atmosphere melted away her usual icy appearance, and I felt a kind of softness that I don't usually see in her.  Anyway, she is beautiful.


"How do you like it?"


"Yes, it looks great on you."


"Thank you."


Minagi smiles softly at my words.  Oh, she smiles so easily?  I can't stop my heart from pounding!


I'm sure her face is turning bright red, but the sun is shining so strong today, she might misunderstand me.  I mean, I'm not looking at you at all.


"What's the matter, are you scurrying around so much?  I saw something unusual."


"I've never been to a place like this before."


"What?"


I was taken aback when I heard what she said.  Because we were now in an amusement park.


It is a major amusement facility that everyone has been to as a child.  If you've never been there, you must have been boxed in.


I didn't want to pry too much into her life and get her angry, so I decided to laugh at her.


"I see.  Then I'll lead the way so you can have fun!"


"Kunumori-kun......"


"Here, let's go, shall we?"


I grabbed Minagi's hand and intertwined our fingers together.  It's what's known as a "lover's knot".


We're in a relationship, so this is at least okay!  It's not passionate!  I looked impatiently to the side and saw that she seemed pleased.


The stares around me hurt, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it.......


The first thing we visited was a roller coaster.  It was a bit expensive and fast, but of indescribable quality.


It was such a subtle thing, but Minagi seemed to enjoy it.


"That was amazing....... It was probably faster than a car.  It was hard to even breathe."


"I see....... Oh, Reina, your hair is a mess."


"I want you to fix it, Nukumori-kun."


"Oh, I'm sorry!  I can only hand-comb it, but please be patient~!"


I combed her hair just as she stuck her hand in her bag (probably with her phone inside).  Wow, her hair is so smooth!  It feels so good.......


Next was a ride on a merry-go-round.  Minagi said we might get shaken off, so we decided to ride together.


"Oh my gosh, it's amazing!  The scenery is changing so fast."


"Wait, Reina, don't get out of control, it's dangerous!"


By the time we somehow completed the lap, I was exhausted.  Well, Minagi seemed to be enjoying herself, so that's okay.


"Let's go over there next."


"Oh, you're really going there?  You shouldn't."


Minagi pointed to a haunted house.  I have experienced that the haunted house in this amusement park is scary in the past.  So I honestly want to decline.


"I'd like to go."


"......Let's go then."


If she looked at me with such pure eyes like a child, there was no way I could refuse.


"Ugyaaaah!"


"Ooooh!!!!"


"Kwawse drftgy fujiko lp!--?!"


The moment I stepped out of the haunted house, I fell to my knees on the spot.  By the way, the screams just now were all mine.  Minagi was walking normally, hardly moving a muscle.  The actor who played the role of an obake was even more surprised by her appearance.


"Nukumori-kun, aren't you too surprised?"


"Zehahaa...... is that so?"


"Well, that's okay. I'm getting hungry."


"Then let's go to the food court.  There are a lot of things to choose from."


I took Minagi to a nearby food court.


Looking at the menu, there were a variety of dishes such as curry, ramen, hamburgers, and set menus.


Hmmm, I'm not sure what to choose.  They all look delicious.


"What do you want to eat, Reina?"


"I want to eat a meal where I can feel people's warmth."


"That's true for all of them."


After much deliberation between the two of us, we decided to order ramen for me and omelette for Minagi.


After placing our orders, we sat down in an empty seat in line.  We picked up our chopsticks and slurped our noodles.


"Mmm, delicious.  The soy sauce is nice and light too."


"Kunumori-kun, can I have a bite?"


"Uh, yeah, sure.  Here you go."


I quickly offered her the ramen still in the bowl.  But Minagi's sharp eyes narrowed even more.


"No one said they wanted all of it."


"No, you can have a bite, okay?  I gave it to you with the intention of saying, 'You can have a bite.'"


"Yeah."


She took her eyes off the ramen and reached toward her bag.  Huh? What if this is.......


"Sorry, sorry!  It's after the haunted house, I was just a little upset!  I'm sorry it took me so long to notice you!"


"What?"


"I'm going to give you an ah-ha!  Just give me a minute!"


Minagi's mouth corners slightly turned up at my words.  It seems I made the right decision.


I pull back the ramen I gave her and put a bite of it on a bamboo stick.  When I held it out to her, she opened her tiny mouth to its fullest and took a bite.


"Mmmm...it's delicious!"


"Well, I'm glad!"


"I'll give you mine in return."


"Oh, really?  Thanks!"


Minagi puts a bite of omelette on a spoon and offers it to me.  Of course, I had no choice but to eat it.


I opened my big mouth and took a bite, my cheeks loosening up like an idiot.


"Oh, it's so hot!  Hahahaha!"


"How is it, is it good?"


"Oh, oh, hey, hi Iirefu......!"


To be honest, it was too hot to tell what it tasted like, but I gave a big nod.  Then Minagi smiled with satisfaction.  Ah, so cute.


Then we both proceeded to crunch down on each other's food and flattened it down.


While I was rubbing my stomach, feeling full, she was looking around.


"What's wrong?  Is there somewhere you want to go again?"


"Next time, I want to go on that one."


She pointed to a Ferris wheel.



PREV | NEXT