Extra 1: Morning On School Entrance Day


TL: Akabane


TL: This extea is taken from Volume 1 LN.


***


[Yuzuhana's POV]


What woke me up was a disturbing sound.


It wasn't a normal electronic sound, it sounded like an alarm clock.


I thought it was strange, so I turned off the alarm and got up from my sleep.


Rubbing my eyes, I looked into the room when...


"......Eh?"


My sleepiness disappeared instantly.


KimiUta's poster wasn't up-


Anipara's figure was not on display-


Nyandas' teddy bear was also missing-


"Are you kidding me?!  There's a thief, isn't there?! ......No, that's not it."


Not only the interior, but my room also changed.


This ...... isn't the room I used to live in back in high school?


"......So, what does this mean?"


I didn't understand.


Just now, I was walking on a night street, so why was I in the room where I lived in the past?


"Ugh.  Moreover--"


I looked for my cell phone.


The moment he crossed the street, just as he realized that I was about to be hit by a car, he darted towards me.


In the end, in an instant, I felt the sensation of being hit by a car....


When I opened my eyes, I was already here.


I don't really understand why, but the point is that I'm still alive.


I wonder what happened to my body, but the most important thing now is to ensure his safety.


"Although it doesn't matter if he's seriously injured..."


Anyway, I hate him.  I hope the door prize is pulled by someone else right in front of his eyes, or he keeps failing at the gacha he's playing.


However, I don't really expect him to get hurt.  Let alone dying.


"By the way, why is he rushing towards me......"


Was it because he didn't want to spend the night at the internet cafe, so he chased after me?


Or, could it be that he was trying to save me?


If so, that's stupid.  I can only interpret it that way when he jumped in front of the car to save his ex-wife whom he hated so much.


To me, it was obviously stupid to let himself get run over.


How can such a stupid thing exist in this world?


He must have jumped without paying attention to the car.  Moreover, he got hit right when he noticed the car!


I could only guess like that while looking for my cell phone, but I couldn't find it.


What I found was just a nostalgic flip phone.


Plus-


"......Ha?"


The screen showed a calendar from 12 years ago.


I don't understand....


When I was panicking, the phone screen went dark.  The dark screen reflected the image of a gal, which made me panic and throw it away.


My phone hit the mirror.


"......I didn't see it wrong, did I?"


I tried to stand in front of the mirror, trembling, when that grin from 12 years ago appeared there.


This, could it be...


"......I, have I traveled to the past?"


As I pinched my cheek, I felt pain.


This is not a dream.


It's not a dream or anything like that.


Me, I become young again.


I'm back to 12 years ago-on the day of high school entrance!


"T-That means, this is a chance for me to be able to restart my life?!"


Realizing that I wasn't going to marry Kouhei, my wrinkled face showed a bit of freshness.


However, the joy was only momentary.


Guilt suddenly appeared, the smile gradually disappearing from my face.  I can redo my life ...... but Kouhei's life, it might end there.


"......Kouhei, why did you do that?"


If he really tried to save me, I wouldn't be able to hate Kouhei.


If he tried to protect me at the cost of his own life, I wanted to repay him for that.


"Well~ if I suddenly say thank him, he'll probably think 'Huh?' right?"


Because the Kouhei of this era doesn't know me.  In that case, let's get acquainted starting today!


If a girl he met for the first time talked about time travel, it would definitely make him misunderstand and think of me as a crazy person, get scared and try to distance himself from me.


Although not in that way, Kouhei's defense against women was still zero.


If I didn't approach him like a shy little animal, he would run away immediately.


But......


That Kouhei, he was close to me.


I became an otaku because of him, and gradually, I distanced myself from him because of him as well.


Now, I'm a complete otaku.  If I talked about anime or games with Kouhei, it would definitely be possible for me to hang out with him like before.  Having a fellow otaku for a friend, he would definitely be happy.


But the point is when should I start a conversation with him?


If I suddenly started a conversation, he would certainly be wary of me ...... I should show my interest in anime or games indirectly.


"By the way, if I don't go to school, I won't be able to start it."


After putting on my uniform, I left the apartment.


I went to school on foot, passed through the school gate, headed for the entrance, and went to the shoe changing area.


When I confirmed the class distribution table in the shoe locker, it was true that I was in Class 1 as I expected.


And according to my memory, Kouhei's name was above mine.


But, where is he...


I was nervous, when I entered classes, Kouhei wasn't there.  Come to think of it, he was always late.


As I stood still not knowing when he would come, Kouhei finally appeared, close to the time when the school bell rang.


He sat in front of me, his body swaying without a trace of embarrassment.


......Ah~ Damn, your hair is a mess.


It's sunny today, so please comb your hair properly!


I wanted to lend him a comb, but it would probably scare him if a gal she just met suddenly talked to him ...... While I was thinking that, Kouhei collapsed on the table.


The bell rang, and Sawashiro-sensei entered.


Saying welcome after entering and smiling, she explained the first day's schedule, and urged us to introduce ourselves.


One by one, they all introduced themselves in seating order, and this time it was Kouhei's turn.


"I'm Kouhei Kurose from Peony Middle School.  My hobby is reading books.  And, I also like watching movies, I try to go to the cinemas once a month.  Thank you."


What a simple introduction, which is very typical of Kouhei.


Well then, it was my turn.


I stood up, stepped on the podium and looked around at everyone's faces.


I used to feel nervous, but not now.  Because Kouhei had helped me practice for the interview.  Thanks to that, I was able to work at the company I wanted.


But even so, Kouhei failed......


On top of that, his company also went bankrupt, and because he was in a hurry to find a job because he was ashamed of me, he was forced to work at an underground company.


I didn't like seeing Kouhei's face at that time.


If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have had to rush to take that job, and it's very likely that he would have avoided that shady company ...... but that doesn't mean he won't be working for a strange place now.


If we become close, I can give him advice as an adult.


I have to be friends with Kouhei first before doing that.


Suddenly shortening the distance will make him wary, but in order to neutralize the wariness in his heart, I have to show that I have similar interests.


If I show that I have a hobby of going to bookstores and also like watching movies, there will be a slight surge of familiarity, right?


By the way....


Because I was too busy thinking about that while opening my mouth, I made a very, very silly mistake.


"I'm from Kirishima Middle School, Yuzu Kurose."



PREV | NEXT