Chapter 8: Former Idol Wants To Go Out (A Little Eccentricity And A Little Progress)


TL: Akabane


***


"I'm the first guy to get slapped by Ayane Kiraboshi, right?"


"Of course! I've never been slapped before."


"......Actually, please do it all the time."


"I won't!"


Sasaki's mouth twitched with a "hmph" and she began to mindlessly eat her pancake.


She's a busy person with lots of emotions: angry, embarrassed, laughing, etc.


I was getting tired of seeing Sasaki eating pancakes, so I looked at the owner, who was still dozing off in front of the cash register.


Is this cafe going to be okay?


"......Yes it is."


"What's wrong, Makishima?"


"I'm going to leave for a while."


"Where are you going?"


"WC."


***


When I returned to my seat, Sasaki had already finished her pancake and was tapping away at her phone.


"You'll lose your eyesight if you touch your phone too close to your eyes!"


"Shut up!"


"What are you, a rebellious kid?"


"Don't be like my mother and pay attention to me, Makishima!"


Sasaki put on her glasses and mask, slung her tote bag over her shoulder, and got ready to leave as I returned.


"Huh? Wasn't there a paper here earlier with the check?"


Sasaki looks for the bill that was on the table earlier.


"I already paid it. The owner seems to be busy, so you might as well pay her before it gets too crowded, right?"


"Yeah, but the money."


"I don't mind, it's only this much."


"No thanks! I'm the one who ate most of it!"


Sasaki takes out three Noguchi from her wallet and pushes them towards me.


"It's fine."


"No, you can't."


"You're so persistent, I told you it's fine."


"No! Oh, yeah."


Sasaki crouched down and pulled out my long wallet that was sticking out of my pocket.


"If you don't take it, I'll leave it in."


"You know, you should know how a man feels in a situation like this."


"How do men feel?"


I'm not sure if it's just that she's so disciplined, but she looks so cute, why isn't she used to being bought a round of drinks?


I was stunned, but Sasaki shook her body.


"What's wrong, Sasaki?"


"Hey, hey. Here, here, here."


Sasaki asked in a voice that sounded like it had been turned inside out.


I wondered what she was talking about, so I took my wallet from her and checked it carefully, and found something in it.


I thought back to last night.


I remember what happened last night.


I found the stuff in Azaki's jacket, and I put it in my wallet afterwards.


"Well, Sasaki, there's been a misunderstanding! Let's get out of the store."


As soon as we left the store, I quickly explained that I had borrowed the jacket from Azaki yesterday and that I had found the stuff in it and was going to return it, and I desperately tried to excuse myself.


"You understand?"


"Yes, I do. Makishima is a boy too, right? Even if you don't have a girlfriend, you do that kind of thing."


"Don't you get it! Listen to me!"


Sasaki's face was so red that I wondered if she had caught a cold.


I tried my best to talk to her, but she wouldn't listen to me.


"Yesterday, do you mean you were going to do ...... after the party?"


"Huh?"


"......Were you going to do something naughty with me after that?"


"... After that, did you plan to do something naughty with me?"


Sasaki shyly asks while looking away from him.


I-I will... that's what it means.


I am with Sasaki... Um, Ayane Kiraboshi.


Ayane Kiraboshi beckons me on the bed illuminated by her pink light, hiding only her shoulders while hiding her body with a white bath towel.


I was invited by Ayane and Kiarahoshi...!


No, no, no, no!


I almost had a dubious fantasy floating around in my brain, but I managed to regain my composure and turned to face Sasaki.


"No, I won't! I told you earlier, I was just putting this in my wallet to return it to Azaki. Besides, I've never ...... done anything like that."


"Really?"


"What's in it for you? I'm a stoic, unlike a flirtatious slut like Azaki."


"Hmmm."


"So, you see, that was a misunderstanding..."


At that moment, Sasaki grabbed my jersey and finally made eye contact with me.


Sasaki, you finally understand, right?


"Whoa! I've never done that before either!"


Sasaki said with a face that looked like she was about to cry.


What......?


"So, we're matching, right? Makishima."


"......Oh, oh. Matching, huh?"


""............""


Why did she have to come out with that?


Thanks to that, I got a weird vibe.


"You didn't have to tell me, no matter what you thought."


"But, I felt sorry for you if you had to tell only Makishima."


"Don't give me unnecessary sympathy!"


But in the past half day, I think I've come to understand Sasaki's humanity.


"I'm tired for nothing. It's already one o'clock, I'm going back to the university. What are you going to do after this?"


"I think I'll go back to the university too. I need to go to the library and look for some papers for my report."


"Then let's go back together."


We took the train back to the university together again.


The train on the way back was empty, and Sasaki and I sat down side by side.


"Makishima!"


"Hm?"


Sasaki gently put her phone in my palm.


Since there are no people here, it seems like it's okay to talk normally......


I look at the screen of my phone.


[I'm sure you haven't forgotten about our appointment, have you?]


What, you were worried about that?


[How could I forget it after yesterday?]


I hand it to her and she immediately writes a reply back to me.


[I'm definitely going to see it, so please keep your promise.]


Sasaki.......


"I'll take care of it, I'll score a goal or two and do a goal celebration for you."


I told her with my voice.


It was as if I was saying to myself.


Sasaki hit a series of smiley face emojis and showed them to me.




--


Please follow my work and give me a star rating below if you like.


--



PREV | NEXT