Chapter 1: A Former Popular Idol Was Treated As A Surplus At A Party, So I'm Bringing It Back


TL: Akabane


***


My name is Yutaro Makishima.


I am a first-year college student at Koto University, a prestigious private university in Tokyo.


The deviation score of Koto University is quite high, and there is no way someone like me, who devoted all three years of high school to soccer, could go there academically, but I was admitted to Koto University by passing the entrance exam with a sports recommendation. (In other words, I'm not very smart.)


"Hey, freshman! Finish your running quickly!"


""""Yes sir!""""


The soccer team at Koto University is a powerhouse, having won the university league championship two years in a row, and they practice pretty hard.


Even after evening, we first-year students were still forced to run back and forth on the field.


An hour after the start of the dash, the whistle finally blew, and all the first-year students collapsed on the spot.


The sun had completely set, and as I lay in the middle of the field, exhausted and lying in a big heap, someone peeked out at me.


"Are you alive?"


Appearing with a squeeze bottle is teammate and fellow freshman Seijuro Azaki!


A flirtatious, ten-percenter haircut, and an idiot with the same sports recommendation as me.


"......I'm dying of dead raving!"


"Oh, you're dead? So you wouldn't be mad if someone poured water on you, then?"


Azaki turned the squeeze bottle with the lid empty upside down and splashed water in my face.


The water poured like a waterfall and invaded my nose and mouth all at once, making me gag at the same time.


"Goho goho! Oh, man! Don't play with me, Azaki!"


Half-angry, I chase after him, and Azaki shakes off my pursuit with his proud legs.


"Well, well, don't be so angry."


"Damn, why are you so energetic after all that running?"


"Of course I'm fine. Because after this..."


Azaki winked and pointed his phone screen toward me as I lay down.


There was a chat between Azaki and someone else on the screen.


The girls and Azaki were repeatedly talking as if they were planning something, and the word "blind date" was frequently seen.


"There's a girl named 'Aihara' in the Izawa seminar, right?"


"Oh, the girl that you said she was cute before......?"


"Yes, yes! Last time I asked the girls in the Izawa seminar to set up a blind date for Aihara-san to attend!"


An excited Azaki boasts as he grabs me by the chest and shakes me around.


"Isn't that great?!"


"Hmmm."


"And! And that party starts at 10:00 today!"


"Wow."


"......Why are you pretending you're not interested? Aihara-san's voluptuous body would make anyone's lower half tent."


"What's more, that blind date starts at 10:00, right?! So get the hell out of here."


When I shooed him away with my hand while saying, "Shhhh." Azaki spilled out a sickening smile.


"Makishima, you're going too!"


"......It's--- ha⁈"


"There are four girls, but the boys' side didn't have the right number, so I took the liberty of including you."


"F*ck you! Oi!"


I lost my temper and grabbed Azaki, who dodged my grab and threw a squeeze.


By the time I caught that squeeze with both hands, Azaki was waving his hands and running away.


"You better hold on to your woman for goodness sake! You'll die without even getting laid if you keep chasing after a soccer ball!"


"Shut up!"


Azaki left the field skipping with his signature tongue-in-cheek comment.


I'm always annoyed with him because he always tries to get on my nerves by bragging about his wealth of experience with women.


The fact that he doesn't give off an experienced vibe in front of the girls is even more annoying.


"Well, let's ignore the party and go practice on my own."


As I get up to practice on my own, Azaki comes running back.


"Makishima! I forgot to tell you one thing."


"What the hell, if you're going to a blind date, why don't you just go?!"


"I brought a jacket for you, since you don't care about fashion."


"A jacket? I don't need your help."


"What? You're always in jerseys! And even on days when we don't have club activities, you come to lectures dressed like a country yankee!"


"I don't care!"


......I can't say it back.


I can't say that I have any sense of fashion, because I went to an all-boys school and have only played soccer so far.


I lived in a dormitory in high school and never had a girlfriend, and I never paid attention to my appearance.


"Think of a blind date as a job interview. You have to show the girls your value as a commodity."


"Tsk, you've been acting all high and mighty since a while ago......."


"Anyway! I hung your jacket in your locker, so get the hell out of your self-discipline and come to the store I specified!"


With that last remark, Azaki went up first.


A joint party ...... huh?


I stare at the soccer ball lying at my feet.


There's no place for my heart other than soccer.



A few first-year students, including me, were kicking the ball until just before lights out time.



---


Author's note:


Hello, my name is Hoshino..


People tend to think I'm writing weird novels again, or that I'm an idiot, or that I'm at a party after a free hug, but I'll post seriously every day, so I'd appreciate it if you could follow this work and rate stars if you can.


---



PREV | NEXT