Chapter 13: A Day With Many Anniversaries


TL: Akabane | PR: Notty Boy


TL: Sorry for the late update because it was quite difficult to translate this chapter.

PR: I hope my proofreading is good enough to read because I was quite frustrated when I read the previous chapters, so I helped the translator :)


***


The cinema is connected to a shopping center.


After lunch at the food court, we visited the ticket counter.


The movie we're looking for is Kimiuta.


The official title is "Kimi ni Utagoe o Todoketai". The story of idols being chose from each fleet to end the long-running space war, and they walk around the battlefield with a microphone in one hand.


We headed to the ticket vending machine and operate the touch panel.


"I think we can watch it for a student special price." [Kouhei]


"If we don't see that there are many high schooler around, we will definitely be at a loss." [Yuzu]


"So, where are our seats? Is it in the middle?" [Kouhei]


"... Do you want to reserve a couple seat this time?" [Yuzu]


Hmm? Couple seats?!


The touchpad picked something unexpected along with the question.


"What?!" [Kouhei]


"This is to commemorate our friendship ... and with a couple seat, I can get rid of the armrests..." [Yuzu]


"What do you mean by armrest? No way, do you want to lean on me?!" [Kouhei]


"Well, I'm not that type of person. Look, we always buy only one popcorn when we watch a movie, don't we? If we had armrests, our hands would get stuck and prevent us from getting popcorn." [Yuzu]


Yuzuhana picked a couple of seat, and telling me to stand up.


Couple seats are at the corner of the cinema. For me, it's hard to watch from there, but sometimes watching in a corner isn't bad either.


We completed the admission ticket booking and get visitor privilege.

[TL: Idk what it means, maybe souvenir or something.]


"When will you unlock the privilege?" [Yuzu]


"Let's do it after the movie." [Kouhei]


While chatting, we went to the shop and checked out the movie souvenirs.


"There is nothing left." [Yuzu]


"It's just before the end of its release. Well, I've got it." [Kouhei]


"When?" [Yuzu]


"About 12 years ago. I thought I went to see it on the first day of release and bought a keychain for all the characters and a mechanical pencil." [Kouhei]

[TL: He buy it again on the first day of release.]


"You have a mechanical pencil?" [Yuzu]


"I used it at home. Do you want it?" [Kouhei]


"What? Do you want to take advantage of that again?" [Yuzu]


"It's not like that. I'll give it to you if you'd like." [Kouhei]


"..." [Yuzu]


"Why are you silent?" [Kouhei]


"Your sudden kindness gives me goosebumps." [Yuzu]


"I've always been nice to everyone … you know, we're friends today, so you could say, today is our anniversary, right? That's why I thought I should do it, but you just said so..." [ Kouhei]


"Oh, I mean, I got goosebumps in a good sense. I'll take it if you don't mind. Thank you, Kohei." [Yuzu]


I suddenly smiled and felt relaxed.


It was easy to forget the cold marriage life for a long time, but ... Yuzuhana was so cute when she laughed. The reason I fell in love with her was because of this smile.


"Why are you silent too?" [Yuzu]


"I get goosebumps when you suddenly smile ... in a good sense." [Kouhei]


Her brows raised, so I added my words, and Yuzu softened her expression, and said, "If you had said it five seconds later, I might have hit you." [Yuzu]


Then we bought two colas and one popcorn (salty) and went to the movies.


We sat on the couple's seat, raised the armrests, and placed the popcorn in the middle. Before long, the long commercial started, and Kimiuta started airing.


From the very beginning, the tensions ran high. The memories that made me addicted to it have been revived, and I feel as though I have returned to high school.


When I reached for the popcorn while feeling the nostalgia--


Our fingers touch.


"--!"


I hastily withdrew my hand, but … it looks like Yuzuhana noticed me, doesn't it?


I hope she doesn't flinch and think I noticed it too.


She reached a popcorn again with a light touch. It was the back of Yuzu's hand.


"..."


"..."


It seemed she still hadn't noticed and didn't withdraw her hand this time. I hope she can get rid of her hand quickly … why don't you take your hand, Yuzuhana?! It's as if you want to hold hands with me!


We've passed a minute. I had lost the timing to let go of her hand.


.....


It wasn't until the inside of the cinema became fully lit that I immediately let go of her hand.


When I pulled my hands from both sides and glanced at her face, Yuzu's cheeks were turning red.


"Why do you keep holding my hand?" [Kouhei]


"I'm not holding your hand ... I just want to get some popcorn!" [Yuzu]


"You should pick it up quickly." [Kouhei]


"I can't let go of your hand. Anyway, why are you standing still?" [Yuzu]


"That's because I care about you. If I put my hand away immediately, you'll be in shock for a few days." [Kouhei]

[TL: The point is that both of them are pretending to be unconscious so the other side doesn't feel hurt.]


"I won't fall asleep for a few days after something like that!" [Yuzu]


"But didn't I say shock just now?" [Kouhei]


"Yeah, well ... a bit. How about the leftover popcorn?" [Yuzu]


"Let's eat it on bench. I want to see the privilege too." [Kouhei]


We left the cinema and sat on the bench next to the toilet.


Then we unlock our privileges and see what we get.


"What is it?" [Kouhei]


"Hmm? ... Fufu, it's pitch black" [Yuzu]


"To be more precise, the universe ... how about Yuzu?" [Kouhei]

[TL: He get the universe (idk what is that, maybe sticker or CD maybe).]


"Live broadcast!" [Yuzu]


"Seriously!? Is that a live concert in the early stages?! ... What is it?" [Kouhei]


"I told you this was a live broadcast." [Yuzu]


"Isn't that the mob audience?" [Kouhei]


"Live broadcasts are live broadcasts. Since this is a bet, I'm the winner. That's why I'll ask you for a request." [Yuzu]


"I don't remember ever making such a bet? ... By the way, what's your request?" [Kouhei]


"I want to go karaoke. To commemorate our friendship..." [Yuzu]


"Okay. I'm in the mood to sing too." [Kouhei]


I was only able to watch the live broadcast in the early stages, but I was really excited. After all, Kimiuta is a collection of famous song. I would like to sing it enthusiastically at a karaoke place.


After finishing the popcorn, we headed to the karaoke shop near the station.


***


"Is it okay to order the one-hour?" [Yuzu]


"Yeah." [Kouhei]


After finishing our order, we poured juice at the drinks bar and went into our private room.


"Really?" [Yuzu]


"Of course. This is a request from Yuzuhana after all." [Kouhei]


Yuzuhana started operating the touch panel. The film version of the song has not yet been released, but there are two anime seasons and there are many character songs. Yuzu chose a character song from my favorite character.


Music is playing and sung in a melodious voice. Because she is used to singing, so the quality of her voice is close to the original character.


As if the real character was right in front of my eyes, I got a little nervous.


"How was it?" [Yuzu]


"That's good. It looks like you will get 90." [Kouhei]


"It should be higher." [Yuzu]


"90 are enough. These ears of mine are quite skilled." [Kouhei]


"Then let's prove it." [Yuzu]


Then she selected a score game and sang the same song as the previous one.


The result is only 90.


"See? It's because I've listened to Yuzu's voice so many times." [Kouhei]


"... Isn't the machine is broken?" [Yuzu]


 "Don't blame the machine. Doesn't that depend on your abilities? Next, it's my turn." [Kouhei]


I picked ED 1 Kimiuta and sang it with all my heart.


The result is 59.


"You're right, it looks like the machine is broken." [Kouhei]


"Don't blame the machine. It's a reflection of Kohei's abilities." [Yuzu]


"Well, I haven't been able to show my full potential yet. My favorite song hasn't been released yet." [Kouhei]


However, getting a range of 50 points makes me stagger. If I don't get at least 70 points, then I won't be able to look good in other people's eyes.


I voted for my favorite song, but it only got 62 points, which was also low. I couldn't calm down when I saw Yuzu, who had a series of high scores, so I drank some orange juice while looking for a song to pick.


"Uh, that's..." [Yuzu]


"Hm? ... Ah." [Kouhei]


Oh no. Isn't this Yuzu's juice?


"Sorry. Sorry." [Kouhei]


"No, it's fine. I mean, stop messing around. You're making it awkward for notice that indirect kiss." [Yuzu]


"Don't say it!" [Kouhei]


"Why? That's a typical teenage reaction, including the popcorn incident." [Yuzu]


"You too!" [Kouhei]


"But I'm confident, you know!" [Yuzu]


"No, you're not confident." [Kouhei]


"I'm confident! I'll prove it if you doubt it!" [Yuzu]


"How do you prove it?" [Kouhei]


"By doing this!" [Yuzu]


She immediately grabbed my hand.


"What are you doing?!" [Kouhei]


"See, I'm confident, aren't I! And your face is red, isn't it?" [Yuzu]


"Hey, you're blushing too!" [Kouhei]


"Well, that's impossible! We used to be a couple. So holding hands like this is nothing!" [Yuzu]


"You even blushed when we were a husband and wife!" [Kouhei]


"When did I blush?!" [Yuzu]


"At the first time you lay in my arms, your face turned red!" [Kouhei]


"If you mention that, you blush too when you lie down on my lap!" [Yuzu]


"I'm not blushing!" [Kouhei]


"You did it! I will prove it!" [Yuzu]


We sell and buy words to each other. Then Yuzu sat back down on her sofa and patted her thigh.


Her smooth white thighs were visible from under the skirt of her uniform, and the beat was getting faster.


"What are you doing? Come here quickly..." [Yuzu]


"O-Oh, I see." [Kouhei]


While pounding, I brought my face closer to Yuzuhana's thighs.


At the time I did that.....


"Wow?!" [Kouhei]


"Huh?!" [Yuzu]


Suddenly, there was a ringing tone.


It was a call from a receptionist.


"Oh no, she wouldn't think we were doing anything suspicious, right?" [Kouhei]


"Well, we didn't do that! The phone's been picked up, so shut up!" [Yuzu]


We answered the phone while glancing at the surveillance camera.


It was a phone call telling us that the remaining time was running out.


"What should we do? Extend another hour?" [Kouhei]


"Hmm ... I'll stop today. I'm a bit tired." [Yuzu]


"OKAY!" [Kouhei]


Revenge will be continued for the next opportunity.


While preparing to go home, Yuzu looked at me and...


"Hey, hey ... why don't you visit my house after this?" [Yuzu]


"Yuzu's house...? Why?" [Kouhei]


"Why...? To commemorate our friendship...?" [Yuzu]


I don't know what to do at Yuzuhana's house.


But it would be a pity if I refused, so I shook my head vertically.



PREV | NEXT