Chapter 4: I Decided Not To Get Involed


TL: Akabane


TL: This chapter is a bit difficult to translate, but I've tried my best to make it easy to understand, so please enjoy.


***


It was raining as I left the bookstore. Looks like the weather will start to be serious this time.


"What should I do..."


Since I was already in the bookstore, I can spend hours here. It's fine if I go home after the rain stops, but I haven't had lunch. And the time is already 14:00.


I already knew that thunder would fall, but I didn't know when it would rain. Should I go home and eat now?


As soon as I left the bookstore, the rain became heavier and heavier. Warm water that soaking into the shoes made my feet feel uncomfortable.


As I walked fast, and made a gurgling sound, thunder after thunder began to echo. Because I know information about lightning strikes, so I avoid going through the park, but the problem is my house is directly across from the park.


In the midst of this anxiety and an accelerated heartbeat, I ran through the park.


"..."


Someone was seen at the edge of my field of vision. Behind the ivy hedge, Yuzuhana was there. She seems to be shrinking and covering his ears.


What is she doing in the garden? Yuzuhana's residence is in an apartment that located about a 10 minute walk from here. There were several routes from the bookstore to her house and the shortcut was through this side of the park.


I understand that she chose a shortcut because she wanted to go home early, but why would it be in the park?


Yuzu was afraid of lightning. When we lived together, she always took cover from every thunder and even when we fought, when I worried that I would sleep on the couch, she would instead say, "Let's sleep together." So if you're afraid of thunder, you shouldn't go to the park, but go straight home!


Dark clouds shone and thunder rang slightly. Yuzu shrunk even more, maybe she need to cover her ears.


I decided not to get involved with Yuzuhana. But the other party wants to get involved with me, but I'm the opposite.


Because she didn't know about the lightning strike in the garden. There was a possibility that the strike would hit her shelter.


(Can't I just ignore it??)


After sighing, I went inside the garden and called him from behind.


"Koikawa-san?"


"..."


"Koikawa-san!"


"..."


"KO-I-KA-WA-SAN!"


"Gutsu!"


"Huh?!"


When I held her shoulder, she trembled.


She looked back in surprise and she finally breathed a sigh of relief.


"What, Kurose-kun ... why are you here?"


"I happened to see Kokawa-san around here and I was worried, so I called you."


"That's right. Sorry for making you worry about me."


I'm not really worried, you know?


However, it only made me feel uncomfortable if I leaving her alone when I was around here.


"Why are you sheltered from the rain?Even though you had an umbrella a while ago."


"Oh, I gave it to someone."


"Give it?"


"Yes, for the little child sheltering rain here. I was told that her mother would be coming to get her, so I couldn't leave her alone."


"I see."


I accepted what she told, because it was very Yuzu typical. Though my thinking was unnatural since we were supposed to just meet today.


"..."


"..."


And ... what should I do now?


I can't think of a natural reason to stay in this shelter. Honestly, if this was the second round of my life, I would definitely be shameless to stay here.


However, staying here any longer is dangerous. If Yuzu was struck by lightning, it would definitely be difficult to wake her up and I would probably go crazy.


The impression was too bad if we had to be struck by lightning for exactly half a day after being hit by a car.


Tsk...


"Do you want to visit my house? I'll lend you an umbrella."


Yuzu hates me, but she wants to hang out with Sana. So she has to follow me if she wants to hang out with Sana.


"Visit Kurose-kun's house.  I am just going to trouble you, right?"


"But it's better than staying here."


"Thank You."


"What's up? Hurry up, okay?"


If I opened my umbrella, Yuzuhana would definitely approach me.


"Umm, do I have to use it by myself?"


"I told you that i'll lend you an umbrella, didn't I?"


"At times like this, we usually share umbrellas, right?"


"If we do that, we'll get soaked halfway through. I just need to change clothes later whereas you arent! I could lend my umbrella to you now and go straight home, but that means you have to return my umbrella at school. If so, it will only improve my luggage! ...Hey, why are you laughing?"


"Just say you're embarrassed to share an umbrella with a girl, right?"


"It's not like that!"


"Is that correct?"


"Of course!"


I said loudly, Yuzu just smirked and narrowed her eyes.


She looked like an older sister making fun of her little brother. No matter how much I deny it, Yuzu has known me since I was a college student.


She knew that I had lived my life without having any experience with any other woman except with her. So I have to prove it in action.


"I will show you that I'm not embarassed!"


I stood with an umbrella in the rain. If I leave half the space, Yuzu will snuggle close to me saying, "Sorry to bother you."


"Hey,Should I fold it a little bit more?"


"Well, why did you do that?"


She snuggled closer and a sweet scent lingered in me ... damn, I'm not a teenage boy anymore, so don't get excited! It looked like Yuzu had some regrets in her previous life!


"Because we're going home."


Let's go home and live it.


As I started walking briskly, Yuzuhana clung to my arm.


That soft and slippery thing stuck to my arm—!


"What are you doing?"


"Sorry, you walk too fast."


"Sorry. Is this enough?"


"Thank you. Sorry for making you worry about me."


"It's okay."


Immediately apologizing was Yuzuhana's habit. I'm almost crazy about it. Her soft touch disappeared, but the scent of the girl still lingered.


As I walked with my heart beating fast, we arrived at my house.


"Kyaa!"


Thunder roared and Yuzu hugged me."l


"Ah, did I make you fall?! Is that hurts?!"


"I didn't know. Can you stay away from me?"


"Oh, sorry. Is anything hurt?"


"I am okay."


If I hadn't noticed her annoyance, I would have definitely taken a relaxed attitude, even though my heart was racing.


(Isn't this the first time I've been hugged by Yuzu?)


I accidentally responded in a way that didn't look like a teenage boy, so Yuzu got very angry and didn't suspect me that, this will solve one case. All I have to do is give Yuzu an umbrella and send her home.


It should be so...


"Hey, can I stay at your house for a bit?"


"Why?"


"Because I'm afraid of lightning.


"..."


Well, let's just hope that your real goal is just to take shelter from the rain."


I couldn't ignore Yuzu's sad expression, so after confirming that my family wasn't home, I brought her into my house.



PREV | NEXT