Chapter 8: A Pair Of Competing Lovers


TL: Akabane


TL: Someone told me to use a proofreader, thanks for the suggestion, I hope I can get one asap!


***


At the fifth hour, Yuzu and the other members of the library committee were on duty.


After the lunch break, we gathered at the gym.


Currently, club activities have been introduced.


Wait, what kind of activity is this? Since this was over 10 years ago, I don't remember any club introduction activities. I think I didn't pay attention properly because I was busy thinking about joining the going home club at that time.


This time, I will concentrate on paying attention to it. And I thought seriously about which club I would join.


Back then, I spent a lot of time playing games as a member of the going home club, but since I was playing the game alone, I didn't enjoy it much.


I much more enjoy my time playing games when I'm with Yuzu. If I asked Yuzu to play a game together, she would definitely accept it, but such a future is unlikely to happen.


That's why I decided to enjoy my youth right now. Apart from being able to follow the progress of other students, if I participate in club activities, I will be more recognized and my hidden talents will be exposed.


More importantly, I don't have to worry about getting involved with Yuzuhana!


Even though we are members of the same committee, if I participate in club activities, the number of contacts between us will decrease.


"The event introducing club activities carried out by the seniors will start now." [Student's Council]


The announcement from the Student Council President resounded and the introduction of club activities began.


The introduction of sports clubs such as basketball clubs, athletic clubs, tennis clubs, volleyball clubs, table tennis clubs, baseball clubs, football clubs, kendo clubs, badminton clubs, and judo clubs was completed, and then it was the turn of cultural clubs.


Since I've been the indoor type for a long time, my target is the cultural club. I hope I can find club activities that I can enjoy.


The introduction of the art club, calligraphy club, drama club, brass band club, dance club, guitar club, tea ceremony club, computer club has ended, and my target has been narrowed down.


"This is the end of the introduction of club activities. There are a few clubs I can't introduce at the moment, so if you're interested, feel free to check them out for yourself on the bulletin board on the first floor." [Student's Council]


The Student Council President's greeting ended and we returned to class.


Meanwhile my classmates were talking to each other, "Do you want to visit the tennis club later?", "Let's see the badminton club after this.", "The brass band show was amazing.", "Where should we go?" while waiting for Sawashiro-sensei's arrival.


***


When homeroom finished, I went to the toilet and headed to the art room on the 3rd floor.


To be honest, when I was in college, I had a hobby of drawing illustrations. But well, my skills aren't at the professional level, but it should be good enough for a 1st year high school student. If I was able to do well, maybe I would be greeted with joy.


Running up the stairs while having delusions of being praised by a senpai I've never seen――


"You must be kidding..." [Kurose]


In front of the art club room, I was dumbfounded. Yuzu was standing at the door of the art club!


(Wait a moment! What are you trying to do to join the art club! You're a member of going home club back then!)


I wanted to scream so, but I decided not to get involved with it, so I won't say anything.


Yuzuhana glanced at me, probably because she sensed my spirit.


She slipped in and proudly raised the corner of his mouth.


"(LOL! You're late.)" [Yuzu]


"(What are you doing here?!)" [Kurose]


"(As you can see, I was visiting an art club.)" [Yuzu]


"(Tell me! Do you know about my illustration hobbies?!)" [Kurose]


"(If you want me to surrender, then beg me.)" [Yuzu]


"(In your dream!)" [Kurose]


"(In that case, open your eyes wide. You will soon see me enter this art club room~)" [Yuzu]


We interacted as if we were using telepathy. The words that Yuzu said were my imagination, but they should be true. Because her expression says it all.


I couldn't help but stare when I saw Yuzuhana entered the art club room like that.


Unfortunately! I should have just held my pee back earlier!


A senpai happily welcomed her to join their club, but I really hated it when I had to share my youth with Yuzu.


If she chooses the art club, then I have to choose another club.


"But......" [Kurose]


Another club I'm interested in is the computer club, but it's not about playing games, it's about learning various skills that will be useful in the future.


The difference between club and club activities lies within the number of members. If you are promoted into club activities, club fees will be incurred and you will have to accept new members.[TL: I don't know what that means.]


(Is there any club content that I should check for now?)


Then, I went down to the 1st floor and went to the bulletin board. Looking at the invitation flyer that was spreading


"Oh!" [Kurose]


I found an interesting club!


It's name is "Manga Research Club".


It was the perfect club for me, who loves manga as well as illustrations. The representative is Chizuru Akabane. It looks like there are a group of girls in 3rd grade.


The flyer had characters (such as a balcony anthropologic from our school) drawn in a touch similar to mine.


If Akabane-senpai has the same pattern as me, it seems I can spend my after-school time pleasantly and overwhelmingly.


I checked the location on the flyer and returned to the 3rd floor again.


The three classrooms of the art club rooms are the manga club rooms.


"Hasn't she come yet?" [Kurose]


The door didn't open and I was waiting in front of club room for a while. Then, a girl with long black hair and glasses walked towards me.


"Eh, who are you?" [Akabane]


"I am Kurose, 1st grade. Are you Akabane-senpai?" [Kurose]


"Yes, I'm Akabane. Kurose-kun. Do you want to join our club?" [Akabane]


"Yeah, I wish I could join your club!" [Kurose]


"Okay. Come on in." [Akabane]


Then she entered the club room.


What a friendly senpai. This club seems like a good fit to me.


There are three shelves of manga & materials and a table inside the club room. The table was full of sketchbooks and photographs that looked like drawing material.


"There is a lot of manga here. Did all of these belong to Senpai?" [Kurose]


"Half is mine and the rest belong to the other senpai. If there is a book that interests you, you can come to this club room whenever you want and read it after school or during the holidays." [Akabane]


"Are there any other members besides senpai?" [Kurose]


"The others have already graduated, so now I'm alone." [Akabane]


Akabane-senpai said the club was founded by a senpai who graduated two years ago. At that time, there were 4 members and it seemed they were temporarily promoted into club activities. But the difference is the absence of club fees and the content of the activity does not change.


"What are your activities?" [Kurose]


"My main activity is sketching. I follow my senior's teaching that it's better for a student to study drawing at a university level. I also publish magazines at school festivals." [Akabane]


"Do you mean drawing manga?" [Kurose]


"Yes. Of course, it's hard to finish right away, so it doesn't matter if we use a four-frame manga, or an illustration. After all, it is my motto to have a fun drawing." [Akabane]


"I see! That sounds really good!" [Kurose]


(Enjoy drawing manga with a mature senpai after school, isn't that what you call ideal youth?!)


"I've made up my mind! I'm going to—" [Kurose]


*Crack


Yuzuhana come in. Seeing her face, I immediately made a face that looked like it had bitten a bitter worm.


"What?! Why are you come here too?!" [Yuzu]


"That's my line! Aren't you supposed to be in the art club?!" [Kurose]


"I didn't like it there because it was all boys. I was so welcoming there and that make me feel uncomfortable. That's why I'm going to give you an art club." [Yuzu]


"WTF! I want to join this club because I love it!" [Kurose]


"I want join this club too!" [Yuzu]


"You haven't even heard anything about our activities!" [Kurose]


"If you like it, then I'm sure I will definitely like it too!" [Yuzu]


"So basically, are you two going to join this club?" [Akabane]


""No, it's just me!"" [Yuzu & Kurose]


"I'm more suited to this club! I've even published a doujinshi!" [Kurose]


"Is that a great piece of work that year? It becomes the work of potential newcomers." [Yuzu]


"Those are the words I don't want to hear from you! But I want to join this club more than anyone else!" [Kurose]


"Hey! Don't monopolize the credits alone!I'll help you too! All night long!" [Yuzu]


"Thank you very much, but you went on a trip to the hot springs as a reward! Moreover, you stayed in an inn for 15 thousand yen per night for 3 nights straight!" [Kurose]


"But I'm not satisfied even though I'm happy to be able to go there. Moreover I ran out of money!" [Yuzu]


"That's because you're so extravagant! After all, you should have lunch before going there! Your lunch costs 2.5 thousand yen!" [Kurose]


"You remember the details very well. What a man!" [Yuzu]


"I remembered it because it was fun! Moreover, you also really enjoyed the hot spring!" [Kurose]


"That's because I can't hold it anymore! I haven't traveled with you in a long time!  ......Wait, what are you doing, senpai?" [Yuzu]


"We have a voice recording. We can use these realistic quarrels as a reference for club activities." [Akabane]


""This isn't a quarrel!"" [Yuzu & Kurose]


"But, aren't you guys dating?" [Akabane]


""We're not dating!"" [Yuzu & Kurose]


"But you guys fit perfectly." [Akabane]


Then senpai laughed cutely.


In essence, she smiled happily,


"I would really welcome you guys if you want to join our club." [Akabane]


"If this girl hasn't given up on joining this club, then I won't join!" [Kurose]


"Me too! I won't join until you swear that you won't join this club!" [Yuzu]


We turned around and tried to leave the clubroom at the same time.


But, Akabane-senpai stop for us and shouted "Wait a minute!" and removed the booklet from the shelf.


"This is the club magazine that was published at the school festival last year. Even if you don't want to join the club, you can always come and visit our club if you're interested." [Akabane]


What a very good senpai. I'm really sorry because I have the same hobbies and tastes as Yuzuhana.


When I met her, she wasn't even interested in manga, anime or games. If it turned out like this, I wouldn't be teaching Yuzu about otaku hobbies.


Well, if I don't teach her about otaku hobbies, we won't get married, and then, we won't go back in time and and we won't meet Akabane-senpai either.


After putting the club magazine in the bag, Yuzu and I left the club room to compete.



PREV | NEXT