Chapter 1: Sister's Dream

"Tsumugu~!"

As soon as I returned home, it wasn't my girlfriend who's calling me by name Tsumugu.

She has long black hair and a well-shaped face, and she is an excellent looking girl ...... whose name is Tsumugu Nozomi, my sister.

"Welcome back. You were late today, huh?"

"I'm hanging out with friends."

"I see. It's good to spend time with friends. Dinner will be ready soon, but do you want to eat right away or take a bath first?"

"If it's almost ready, I'd like to eat before it gets cold."

"Since when did you become so good with words? Are you saying things like that to your female classmates...?"

My sister asked the last part with a hint of anxiety, her voice lowered.

"I didn't say anything like that to them."

"Well, that's a relief!"

With a cheerful mood, my sister walked through the living room to the kitchen.

I wondered why my sister, out of the blue, mentioned about that. I've never had the opportunity for someone other than my sister to cook for me, especially a classmate.

While pondering this, I took off my shoes and entered the living room, waiting for my sister to finish preparing dinner.

"Today, we're having curry rice!"

"Thanks."

As my sister and I sat at the same table, we began eating the curry rice together.

"Is the curry rice delicious?"

"Thank you."

My sister's specs were generally high – academics, sports, and household chores. If I had to point out something, it would be that she hasn't fully let go of being an elder sister, even though she's in her third year of high school. Still, it's better than having a strained relationship, and I consider her thoughtfulness a good thing.

"...I wish Tsumugu were the same age as me. Then we could graduate high school together. Maybe I should repeat a year."

"That's quite an extraordinary thing to consider. I hope a good person comes into your life soon, Nee-san."

Although there might be some hesitation if it means losing her sisterly affection, if it makes my sister happy, that's what matters most.

If losing my sister is the price, I do have some reservations, but still, if it makes my sister happy, that's the most important thing.

And when it comes to what people imagine as happiness, it varies for each person. For me, it was the instantaneous thought of being together and living happily in the future, so I voiced that ... but my sister's expression seemed somewhat dark.

"Nee-san?"

"... Even though I know I have to change, people can't easily change. Even if you know you shouldn't wish for it, you find yourself wishing for it."

"Wishing...?"

"I've kept it a secret until now, but I'll tell you, Tsumugu ... my dream as your sister. It might surprise you."

"If it's your dream, I'll support it. What is it?"

"... My dream is for Tsumugu and me to be happy together."

My sister placed her hand on her chest and said that. From this, I could sense that this dream was very important to her.

"I know it's a dream that may never come true from the start."

While saying this, my sister had a somewhat melancholic expression.

A dream that may never come true...?

Her words made me curious. Why wouldn't it come true when there's a plenty good chance for my sister and me to have a happy future together?

"I think there's plenty of potential for us to be happy together. So, let's live cooperatively without being so pessimistic... We're siblings, after all."

"Yeah, you're right."

My sister smiled, but that smile carried an air of resignation.

"Sorry? I might have created a strange atmosphere. We shouldn't let the curry rice that Tsumugu said was delicious get cold, so let's eat quickly."

"Yeah, sure."

After that, my sister and I returned to our usual atmosphere, enjoying a pleasant conversation while finishing the delicious curry rice.

While cleaning up the dishes, my sister spoke to me in a quiet voice.

"Tsumugu ... as your sister, I'll do my best, so if anything happens, always rely on me ... I'll do my best as your sister."

"Even if you don't say it, I always rely on you, Nee-san."

"Yeah."

And then, after completing the tasks for the day, I went to sleep.

...My sister seemed a bit off today, but sometimes that happens.

Surely, by the next morning...

"Come on, come on! I'll tie your tie for you!"

"It's, it's okay. I can do it myself, it's close enough."

"We're a family with blood ties, just us two siblings. Don't worry about such things!"

While pressing her ample bosom, barely concealed even with her wearing that outfit, against me, my sister began tying my school uniform tie.

It's good that things are back to normal, but getting back to normal in this way is also something to think about ... I don't harbor impure feelings for my blood-related sister, but still, as a high school sophomore in the peak of adolescence, I have some reservations.

If my sister wasn't a blood-related sibling, I might have been much more emotionally disturbed by now.

Thinking about it, maybe it's a good thing that my sister and I are blood-related siblings.

If my sister and I weren't blood-related, I would have...


PREV | NEXT