Chapter 1

First, I want to ask.

If, by chance, your closest friend, whom you trust from the bottom of your heart, were to be cheated on by the girl you love, what would be the right thing to do?

Is it right to pretend not to notice?

Or is it right to tell them?

In the first place, I never thought such a thing could happen in the real world.

So now, I think what I did was the best choice.

This is the story of my revenge against the friend I trusted from the bottom of my heart and the girl I loved──.

***

"Hey, Toma."

"Hmm?"

I, Fujimura Toma, have had a girlfriend for ten years since kindergarten. Her name is Akane Kanzaki.

I took off Akane's panties as she lay on the bed, looking up at her.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I loved her.

We shared a passionate kiss.

Our tongues intertwined, exchanging saliva in that kiss.

Akane and I became one.

We held each other.

Oh, how lucky I was.

To be able to engage in such activities with the girl I loved.

More than the pleasurable feelings, my heart was filled with the emotion of love.

"I love you, Akane."

There was no lie in my words, it was my true feeling.

But...

"I love you too, Toma."

Her words were nothing but lies.

If she loved me, she wouldn't cheat.

At that moment, I didn't realize that, and I truly believed she felt that way.

So, I was just happy and content.

***

"Hey, Toma!"

In the morning, when I left the house, Renya Sakuraba, my friend since middle school, was waiting outside.

Renya and I had a deep friendship.

I trusted him from the bottom of my heart.

He also trusted me from the bottom of his heart.

We always went to school together.

"Good morning, Renya!"

"Ah, good morning, Toma!"

How lucky I was to have someone I could trust like this.

We headed to school, as usual, having some trivial conversations along the way.

At that time, I didn't know that the friendship we had built up over the years could easily crumble.

I thought that because we trusted each other, nothing would ever happen.

***

The beginning of it all happened at the end of May one afternoon after school.

It was purely by chance.

Normally, Akane and I walked home together.

But on that day, she mentioned having some business to attend to and couldn't walk home with me. So, I walked home alone.

Huh...?

I thought I might as well study in the library since I had some free time, which made me return home later. As the sky shone with an orange hue, I witnessed something I couldn't believe.

Is this a joke...?

Why are those two walking together?

A bit further ahead, I saw Akane and Renya walking hand in hand, looking happy.

Wait, Akane said she had some business to attend to, right?

Haah... haah...

Before I knew it, my breathing had become heavy.

I couldn't make sense of it.

Why would those two walk together?

Why were they holding hands?

Even if they happened to walk together, would they really hold hands?

I put my hand on my chest and followed them.

And I saw it.

"...Eh."

I saw Akane kiss Renya on the cheek.

Cheating?

Was she cheating on me?

My heart started pounding, faster and faster.

No, no, I must be mistaken, right?

Even though I said that to myself, I couldn't shake off the doubt.

I hesitated about whether to approach them.

But I was sure it was just a mistake I had seen earlier.

So, I decided not to confront them.

I thought I should stop suspecting them for no good reason.

However, I couldn't help but cast a skeptical gaze at their relationship.


PREV | NEXT