Chapter 120: Run To The Sea!


When I meet an acquaintance at my part-time job, I feel a little embarrassed.

"Hollywood-kun, you look good in a jinbei. What is it? Is this your territory?"

I was quickly tossed around.

"I'm just working part-time. And I'm not anti-corporate."

"Oh, you're working at a beach house. You're so youthful, aren't you? By the way, is that girl with the glasses over there the princess from the math department that I heard about?"

Yuzuriha, who was asked to talk, shivered and grabbed my clothes. A mob tends to shrink when they're approached by a cheerful person.

"You're a really cute girl, aren't you? Uh-huh. And on top of that, you can study too, that's amazing~."

Kirin-san smiles cheerfully. I could feel a kindness that enveloped her somehow. Perhaps hit by this aura, Yuzuriha opened her mouth to Kirin-san.

"Ah, you too ... I think you look cute in your swimsuit ... I think you look sexy."

"Ufufu. Thank you. Princess."

Yuzuriha is beaming happily as Kirin-san pats her on the head. I think Kirin-san is a really nice person who can easily jump into shy Yuzuriha's personal space.

"...Hmm?"

I suddenly felt a gaze on my back. When I turned around, I saw Kekai-senpai looking at me from the kitchen with a somewhat regretful expression on his face.

"Yuzuriha, take a break. Have a chat with Kirin-san."

"Okay..."

Yuzuriha sat down next to Kirin-san and started to chat with her. Kirin's friends also welcomed Yuzuriha with smiles and kindness.

"What are you doing, Senpai...?"

Kekai-senpai sank down with his head against the kitchen wall.

"I still can't forget ... that ... the warmth of her soft skin..."

"Ho...! That doesn't suit you!"

It was the nostalgia of a man who couldn't be considered the king of riajuu who had just decided to legally sexually harass the girls working at the restaurant.

"Is that kind of thing awkward after all?"

Kirin-san and Kekai-senpai should have started out as a flirtatious take-home friendship, but I don't know what happened, but it seems that Kekai-senpai has seriously fallen in love with Kirin-san.

"Hey, Kanata. I think I lied to you."

"About what?"

"I told you ... that I was going to leave Kirin-chan to you ... but Kirin-chan still lives in my heart for a long, long time! It was just being stronger! I didn't shake it off at all! I am! I am---!"

I don't know. I really sympathize with his feelings. Maybe men are not strong enough to shake off a woman with whom they once had a deep relationship. What should I do?

"Then, why don't you go show your face to Kirin-san for now?"

"That would be embarrassing."

"Um, I don't know how you feel ... well, it's not something I could say, and it's boomeranging, so there's that. Even with an awkward partner, it's much better to be able to see them than not to be able to see their faces. Otherwise, you can't get your feelings in order, and it's just going to keep going on and on and on."

From the previous life to the current life around April, I kept running away from the sight of Igarashi. But we kept seeing each other and I managed to get my feelings sorted out for a while. I think that no matter how hard it is, we shouldn't turn our face away from them.

"...Is it still hard? To keep running away from a woman you like?"

"Yes, it's hard. It's so messed up."

".........Kanata. Watch me scatter."

"Yup."

Kekai-senpai looked up, his face crisp and serious. He then walked with firm steps toward Kirin-san. I just watch that guy's back.

"Eh? Kei-kun? Good morning~."

With a loose smile, Kirin-san waves to Kekai-senpai.

"Ah, long time no see, Kirin-chan. I need to talk to you. Will you listen to me?"

Kekai-senpai stands proudly next to Kirin-chan-san.

"Hm? Y-Yeah, okay, but what~?"

And then, he said this in a loud voice.

















"I love you!!! Please stay with me until I die!!!!!"













Pah! Everyone in the restaurant is looking at Kekai-senpai. You're such a man to confess so openly in a place like this, Kekai-senpai!!!!


















"I'm sorry!"













But Kirin-san stood up and bowed to Kekai-senpai. A stunning refusal! Somehow I knew the outcome, but it turned out like this.

"I, I can't dislike Kekai-kun. But ... I can't face you as a woman anymore. I can't say it well, but I'm sorry. I can't answer your feelings."

I thought it was a thoughtful rejection. There are many women who, when confessed to, are ambiguous and deceptive and don't even refuse. I think Kirin-san was sincere enough to face Kekai-senpai. I think Kekai-senpai knows that.

"I see. But I'm glad. Kirin-chan. I'm happy I fell in love with you."

"Kei-kun ... I had a lot of fun too while I was with you."

What a way for an adult to say goodbye. And Kekai-senpai refreshingly shed a single tear.

"Aaaaaaaaarrggghh! F you the sea! I loved you so much!!!!"

He ran towards the sea. Thus ended one love.







But summer has only just begun.











I bet we'll meet love again...










[Shining brighter than anyone else's summer - Kekai's Love Never Ends]

(Lovely theme song flows through the air...)








"Wait a minute, Kanata!"

"Hm? I'm currently sentimental about the end of a man's love life."

"That Senpai, he abandoned his job, right? He threw away his kitchen job in the heat of youth!"

"Ah ... indeed..."

I looked toward the kitchen and saw that the remaining co-worker boys were still working. Rather, since Kekai-senpai was gone, the workload had increased and seemed to be getting harder. And that wasn't the only tragedy.

"Kekai-senpai was dumped by his true love!", "This is a chance, no?!", "Is there a chance in a broken hearted man?!"

One after another, the girls in maid swimsuits took off their aprons and catsuits and began chasing after Kekai-senpai as she headed to the beach.

"Gyaa! Kanataaaaa! The girls started abandoning their work all together! They're backing out of their part-time jobs! If it's love, there's no way they can do anything! Kieeeeeeee!"

One after another, the waitress girls are leaving. I mean, are all the girls here aiming for Kekai-senpai ... he's too popular!

"I don't know, it's bad! We don't have enough staff!"

All the customers here and there are starting to complain. They want us to come and take their orders!

"Kirin-sam!!!!"

"What is it, Hollywood-kun?"

"Please take responsibility and help our restaurant! Please! I'll pay you a lot for your part-time job! Please!"

I bowed to Kirin-san with such force that I almost got down on my knees. If Kirin-san and her friends could fill in the missing girls ... we might be able to do something!

"Yeah? Haha. I thought it was going to be a shinny, but I never thought it would turn out like this. Ahaha. I don't have time to cry when I'm at Hollywood's place. Ufufu."

Kirin-san smiled kindly. Then she put on the apron and catsuit that had been taken off and put on an impromptu maid swimsuit. In addition, her friends also became maid swimsuits.

"Okay, we'll make the beach house a success! We'll make the beach house a lot of fun! Let's work together!

Kirin-san have joined the beach house. After all, we don't have much time to be quiet. Summer is finite. We have a duty to keep smiling. That's what I thought on that summer day.









After my part-time job was over, we had a launch party, and the night was deep. I was walking along the seaside road with Yuzuriha on my back, who had fallen asleep from exhaustion.

"How was your day, Yuzuriha? Did you have fun?"

"Yes, I did. I had a great time!"

The moonlight reflected off the ocean, faintly illuminating us.

"Kanata, Kanata."

"Yes?"

"I saw a new world today. So this is a thank you."

Yuzuriha leaned forward slightly and kissed the edge of my lips. The touch between our lips, though faint, felt numbingly hot. She is always so modest, but she surprises me at the right moment, so she is a cheater. I will never forget that day. And summer is not over yet.














[Short Horror Stories]


Kanata "You seem to be okay with horror."

Himena "No, I don't. I'm usually scared of horror."

Kanata "Oh, yeah? That's surprising. I can't imagine you being scared to death."

Himena "I'm the type of person who is scared, not because I'm scared to death, but because I believe in such bizarre phenomena."

Kanata "You believe in the occult?"

Himeena "As much as I believe that my meeting with you was a destiny given to me by God. If you believe in God, a curse will naturally stick to the other side of it. I believe that prayer and curses are two sides of the same coin."

Kanata "So it is because you believe in prayer that you are cursed."

Himena "If God performs a miracle, the devil will come and curse people. That's the cycle I'm imagining. Well, it's just a myth. It's as ridiculous as believing in the morning news horoscopes."

Kanata "That's Ayashiro's style, isn't it?"

Himena "Yes. Instead of watching horror, you should be watching something healthy and productive like an adult video or something."

Kanata "Healthy? Is it healthy to watch p*rn! That was your usual punchline!"

Himena "kyahahaha."




[Short Horror Stories]


Kanata "Is Yuzuriha scared of horror?"

Yuzuriha "Yes. I'm not good at horror because I'm basically a bocchi person. Because I have to watch it alone ... it's hard, isn'it...? Being alone is so scary."

Kanata "Yeah! Let's not talk about that! It's okay! I'll watch any movie with you! So, don't be scared!"







The call came out of the blue. Igarashi called me early in the morning.

|| "Hey, hey. Can I ask you a favor?"

"What? What's favor? Just say it."

Igarashi's voice, coming from the other end of the phone, seemed somewhat somber.

|| "Um. Well, you know ... can you take me and Tomoe ... to a hot spring?"

"...Yes?"

My head was filled with hatchets at the unexpected request.







~NG Scene~


Kekai "Please go out with me!"


Kirin "I'm sorry! Please be my sexless friend from now on!"

Kekai "You're more than a sexless friend! Damn you, you idiot of the sea!!!!"












***Author's musings***


Personally, I sometimes feel like writing about the mature and complicated relationship between Kekai-senpai and Kirin-chan.

Next time, I'm going on a petit hot spring trip with Yomme and Saba-chan!

I realized that it has been a year since I started writing this series.

Please continue to support Yome-Uwa from now on!