Chapter 5

"Fuhaa, good morning."

I enter the classroom and greet my seatmate Haruto.

"Oh, you look sleepy."

"I was playing a game and it was five o'clock, I only slept for two hours."

"You probably shouldn't have gone to bed at that hour, right?"

Maybe.

My head is heavy.

"I can't do this. I'm going to the infirmary."

"What are you doing there? Well, I'm going with you."

I left the classroom with Haruto's tsk tsk on my back.

The infirmary was empty, so I took the liberty of borrowing a bed.

Ah, my eyelids are falling.

***

"......nn."

A blinding light pierces my eyes and I wake up.

Where am I?

I'm pretty sure I went to school and was sleepy, so I went to the infirmary ...... Oh, infirmary!

"Good morning."

"Huh?!"

My heart stopped for a moment as a voice suddenly called out to me from next to me.

I looked there and saw someone sitting there.

"Huh? Who ...... are you?"

She had black hair cut just around her neck and long, slit eyes.

Her mouth was elegantly turned up slightly, and she was reading a book elegantly with her legs crossed.

A girl? No, but she was wearing pants.
[TL/N: He don't know his/her gender.]

No, no, some girls wear pants too.

Her chest is...

No, I couldn't tell from the chest.

It's the same for the voices.

"Hey, what's your name?"

It's not like I'm asking her gender. But I'll know if I ask her name.

"Mine? It's Kisaragi Yuu."

Mmmmmm!

I can't even judge by the name!

Which is it?

"Hahaha!"

Suddenly, she, or is it he? Kisaragi started laughing.

She is holding her stomach and laughing as much as this.

"Hey, what's so funny!"

"No, no, everyone makes that face when they hear my name! But yours is especially funny!"

Isn't that rude?

"I mean, do you even know what you're talking about?"

"Well, yeah."

Then, I'd like you to tell me your gender.

"Ahaha, I don't know."

Perhaps calming down a bit, Kisaragi wipes the drops from the rims of her eyes with her fingers.

"......"

"......"

"......"

"......Huh? Hey, you're not going to tell me your gender?"

You were in the process of saying it, weren't you!

"Hahahahahaha!"

Kisaragi started laughing again.

She's crying because she's laughing so hard.

Something is pissing me off.

"Sorry, sorry, I teased you too much. Well, it doesn't matter which gender I am, does it?"

"Well, okay."

But now that I've come this far, so I'm a little bit curious.

"Oh! I mean, why were you here?!"

Oh, man, I almost forgot.

Kisaragi and I just met for the first time. What's it like to read a book next to a sleeping stranger?

"Ha, it was fun and I'll tell you. Well, you seem to know a lot about it too."

Kisaragi's expression changes and switches to a serious one.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Yuu Kisaragi."

No, I heard that earlier--

"I'm someone who knows this world."