Chapter 12

--- "..."

--- "..."

While the protagonist is taking care of the president, Mia looks awkward, and the junior seems bored, fiddling with her smartphone.

Ah, now's my chance.

Should I go for it? No, the junior's event is the sure one.

The junior's event involves the protagonist saving her from being bullied by former middle school classmates when they meet again at the summer festival.

My plan is to take Mia away while the protagonist is focusing on her.

But...

--- "Heh? Isn't that Koharu?"

...Where are you, protagonist?!

--- "I knew it, it's you! Do you remember? It's Haruka! We used to play in middle school together!"

About five girls in yukatas surround the junior all at once.

The junior, with her face downcast, trembles.

--- "Come with us for a while."

One of the girls says and grabs the junior's hand, walking away.

--- "Uh, wait!"

At that moment, Mia raises her voice.

--- "...What?"

The girl glares at Mia.

Mia trembles and her shoulders twitch.

--- "Don't make things worse. I'm just going out with friends for a bit. Tell Kaito-senpai for me, okay?"

The junior pushes Mia away, perhaps awkwardly trying not to involve her.

That's right. She's a little devil toward the protagonist, but she's a kind girl to others. But ... come on, protagonist, hurry up!

But they aren't coming out yet. What are they doing?

Should I peek? But if the president notices me, it'll be troublesome.

Wait, it's already started, right?
[TL/N: The junior's event.]

Do you really intend to capture her?
[TL/N: Referring to the protagonist.]

Well, whatever, I'm not going to save her.

She's a heroine after all. She's...

***

[Koharu's event]

She was bullied in middle school because she was cute.

But the bullying stopped when she entered high school. However, they meet again at the summer festival.

Koharu is in despair, but the protagonist rushes in and solves the problem. The trauma is also dispelled.

That's how it all unfolds.

I remember that if you fail, she'll be brokenhearted and might even consider suicide.

Among the three heroines' summer festival events, this is the most important one.

Is he aware of that? If he's going to capture her, take responsibility! If they didn't go to the summer festival together, this event wouldn't have happened.

She's a person, too, you know?

"Um, can I ask you something?"

Haa, let's go with stalling.

But the girls start muttering, "Is it a fox...?" "A suspicious person?" "Scary." "Let's take a picture!" "Trying to pick up girls?"

Well, they can say whatever they want. High school girls nowadays are so scary.

But, what should I do to stall for time?

Oh! I know!

"Hey, you!"

I point at Koharu.

Koharu looks confused and flustered.

"You're cute. You can be confident. After all, that Kaito guy is trying to win you over."

Koharu's eyes widen.

"Huh?! Why are you suddenly saying this?! You're weird!"

The girls around her look at me with suspicious eyes.

"Also, there's no need to fear them. They're not a threat at all. They didn't dare to do anything in the middle of festival."

Right. This is a festival. They're standing right in the middle of it. So, naturally, people are looking at them.

They can't commit violence here.

I'm sorry, but have to leave you here.

"Anyway, just wait for Kaito, he'll be here soon."

--- "There she is!"

See? I hear the protagonist's voice from behind.

I turn around.

There he is.

The protagonist. Behind him is the president. And further back is Mia.

"Wait! Who are you?"

Koharu asks me from behind.

"...I'm the fox mask."

"Hmm, okay, but why do you remember my middle school years!?"

I ignore her and keep walking.

"Koharu!"

Too late!

I murmur my complaint to the protagonist as we pass by each other.

Then, I pass by the president.

"...!"

She's surprised to see me, but heads towards Koharu.

And Mia passes by with a dark expression.

"Wait."

"Huh?"

I grab Mia's arm.

"Follow me."

"Could it be ... that voice!"

I'll take Mia's event.