Chapter 23: Mirialia (Part 2)

  

TL: Scaramochi


***


[Mirialia's POV]


"You two shut up. I'll do it." 


"Ha? What are you talking about?" 


"Ice Rock, freezing magic." 


Ignoring the words of the idiot Frey, I used magic to create a cage of ice to surround me and the others. 


Now the probability of being killed by surprise was low. 


To be honest, I was no match for Athena and Frey's monster. 


So, as much as possible, I would suppress the demons. 


The spirits were hiding because they were afraid of the demons, so I had to do it only with my magic. 


"Icicle Rain, the freezing magic." 


"Gaaaahhh! Hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt, it hurts! Mamaaaahhh!!!!" 


(It's working...?)


Demon god screaming.


When the ice gravel rained down, the demon god took a direct hit without evading. 


His body was pierced by many gravels, blood was flowing, and both of his arms were obliterated. 


As I wondered about the anticlimactic turn of events, Frey was pleased as he struck a gut-punch. 


"Haha...... what's with that guy, he's not a big deal at all, is he?" 


"Is it because Mirialia's magic was so powerful......? No, even if it was......" 


(Is it because he's fragile...... and was just born?)


It was hard to believe that the power of an intermediate level of magic would be enough to wound the Demon God's body. 


But as you could see, the demon god was wounded and had lost both arms. If I had to think about it, was it because he was a newborn baby and his body was not yet complete? 


If that hypothesis was correct, we should strike here. 


I increased my magical power and spreaded my arms. 


"Freezing Magic Ice Prison." 


I created an ice torture device near the demon god and skewered him with both arms closed. 


This too wasn't avoided, but a direct hit was made, and the demon god's body was crushed, stabbed through, and splattered with blood. 


Not yet, this wasn't enough to kill the demon god. 


I raised both hands, injected all the magic power I had and activated my advanced magic. 


"Anggaaaahhhh! Hey, stop it - let's not do this anymore!!!!" 


"Icy magic ice end!" 


The blizzard consolidated and took in the demon god, trapping him in an icy coffin. 


The face of the despairing demon god could be seen through the ice. 


"Hah...... hah......." 


Tired, I fell on my butt on the ground as if I was crumbling down. 


It was too much work to use high-level magic in quicksand in a row. The consumption of physical strength and magic power was too much. 


But this would buy me some time. 


"Isn't that amazing, Mirialia! You can use such strong magic! You're good, I'm impressed!" 


"I never thought you would defeat that demon god....... I'm so afraid of you." 


Frey and Athena were working on me. 


I was glad they were praising me, but now is not the time to be happy. 


I wasn't happy right now, because I hadn't defeated the demon god. 


-- A small sound. 


The others and I reacted to the small sound and took one look at the frozen demon god. 


From the demon god, there was a hint of an enormous explosion of magical power. 


The red eyes caught me with a glimpse. 


You see ...... there was no way that they could do anything about the monster with that level of power after all. 


The flames of burning heat danced crazily around the demon god. 


The flames melted away the ice coffin that trapped it in an instant, and even the ice shield was melted in the aftermath. 


The fire attribute or...... the compatibility was the worst. 


"Hey, seriously ...... why are you alive with that thing?" 


"What a magical...... power!" 


The two people who thought the demon god was dead stuttered. 


There was no way they could defeat it at that level. Even though it was just born, that thing was a monster born from the labyrinth. 


I quickly drank the magic potion in my bag. The amount of magic power would recover a little, but if I used magic in an unreasonable way like I just did, I might lose consciousness this time. 


Even if that happenned, I had to do it. 


Otherwise, all of us would die. 


"Ouch, it's hurt~. Mom, it's them. Those vermin must have pissed Mom off, right? Hang on Mom, I'll exterminate them right now. But hey, you don't mind if I tease you a little, do you?" 


"Oh, come on, you've got to be kidding me......." 


"Is your body regenerating......?" 


Both arms that I had blown off grew limply from the place of the wounds. 


All the other wounded areas healed as well, and in no time at all, they were completely healed. 


I didn't understand how this worked, but it proved the fact that the demon god was a non-human thing. 


"Haaaaah!"


"Here he comes! I'll do it, Athena!"


"I know!!!!" 


The demon god opened his mouth wide, his tongue hanging out, and came crawling toward them on the ground. 


Athena and Frey tried to fight back, Athena with her sword and Frey with her fist. 


"Ha!" 


"Oraa!" 


"It won't hit me~~!" 


Athena's slash was ducked as her body was bent. 


The two still had no time to catch their breath as they fired a barrage of blows, but all were avoided without a single hit. 


"Don't you dare move like that!" 


"I can't hit you! 


"Look, look, what's wrong~? You can't hit me at all~!" 


I was being completely played. 


I didn't know what the demon god was thinking, but his goal was to avoid the two's attacks without counterattacking or defending himself. 


Now was the opportune time. 


While the two were attacking, I would increase my magical power to the limit in order to shoot a bigger one. 


The next shot was the game. 


"Too slow! Too slow, too slow, too slow! That's no fun at all! I catch you!" 


""Gah!!!?"" 


The demon god grabbed the heads of the two who were attacking him and slammed them down, then threw them as if he was throwing a broken toy. 


''--Now!!!! 


The moment the two moved away from the demon god, I released the magical power I had raised to the limit. 


Raising both hands, I released the strongest magic I possessed. 


"Freezing Magic Ice Storm!!!!" 


"Whhhhhhhh!!! It's cold~~~~~~!" 


A storm of ice blew, striking the demon god's body and freezing it at the same time. 


Please...... please. 


Freeze as it was!!!! 


"N~n~kk~!" 


"--?!" 


"It's cold, but it's not as hot as my body!" 


The demon god pointed his hand at me. 


A moment later, a storm of flames erupted. 


"Fire magic firestooooooooooooormmm!!!!!!!" 


"Ggh!!!!" 


The flaming storm eroded the ice blizzard, and then - it attacked me, who was shot down. 


""MIRIALIA!!!!!!!"" 


"Baboon, baboon! It's a round scorcher! It smells so good, it smells so good! Mommy, I'm so hungry!" 


Caught in the hot air, I was burned all over. 


Thanks to a slight power offset, I was spared instant death, but I'm no longer fit to fight. 


Ouch, ouch, ouch....... 


Hot hot hot hot....... 


Haa, so this is a pain.


And so, this is a death. 


Is the fear of my own death this horrible? 


(Dale...... I'm sorry.)


I didn't keep Dale's words. 


(I'm sorry, Athena. I'm sorry, Frey.)


I couldn't protect both of you.


I apologized to everyone in my fading consciousness and lost consciousness the moment I closed my eyelids.



PREV | NEXT