Chapter 38: Meditation


TL: Scaramochi


***


"Goooooooo." 


"Don't sleep." 


"Oh my God ...... I was just about to go to sleep......." 


"No, no, no, no, don't sleep....... "


I'm so stunned by the blubbering Mirialia. 


Whenever I start training her in meditation, she immediately skips it and tries to sleep. Is it lack of concentration or lack of motivation? It's a problem. 


Because she doesn't have the concentration to do the training, even though it's a training to improve her concentration. 


"Come on, one more time." 


"Yes, yes, just do it." 


After replying with no hint of motivation, Mirialia quietly closes her eyelids. She straightened her back and began to meditate. 


I stand behind her and say a few words. 


"Take a big breath in - a small long exhale." 


"Soooo~ haaaaahh!" 


"Let's repeat that three times and then repeat the breath at your own pace." 


Repeat the deep breaths, first calming the mind. 


If you empty your head and body, that's how you can feel the magic that fills the world on your skin. 


"You are one with the world now. The world is you and you are the world." 


"The world is me, and I am the world." 


"The world is filled with magic, and imagine that you're given just a little bit of magic power to share from it." 


"I'm going to...... share the magic with you." 


Little by little, Mirialia's body emitted a pale green light. She was now trying to connect with the world. 


From the sun, from the wind, from the earth, from the plants and trees, she was gradually gathering the energy of magic power. 


I could see various spirits of wind, light, and earth gathering around Mirialia. Unfortunately, I couldn't see the spirits, but I thought I could hear their joyful voices. 


(I knew it, you're a genius......)


The elves are a special race of people who have a high affinity for magic and are loved by the spirits. 


Even taking this into account, Mirialia's ability to synchronize with the world was very superior. But not all elves can imitate something like this. 


I'm telling you, even I can't do such a trick. This one is special. 


It's not a theory. It's all about feeling. Compared to others I've met, she's one or two geniuses. 


She has a tremendous capacity to hold magical power, and I'm sure she'll become a mage far beyond my imagination. 


"I'm so tired." 


She stops meditating and goes limp. 


If there was a slight miscalculation, it was that Mirialia had a high level of attunement with the world. 


Frankly, I didn't intend to teach her to the stage of being in tune with the world. I was thinking of a self-contained level where she could increase her concentration and recover a little bit of her own magic power. 


But after a few days of training in meditation, she sensed a connection between herself and the world, and without even knowing it, she became attuned to it. 


As a result, the enormous amount of magic power filled Mirialia's vessel to the point of collapse, as if it were flowing backwards, and she nearly died. 


I was chilled to the bone at that time. I was able to save the day by shooting a burst of advanced magic into the sky, but the worst that could have happened was that I would have become a cripple or my body would have exploded. 


It was very dangerous to remain ignorant, so I decided to teach her the best I knew how to do it. 


But I heard that if you remain self-contained, you can still be in tune with the world, but it also drains your physical strength. 


Even if you do it for a little while, you're down as you can see. But if you can do it, it's a waste not to do it. 


"So, Mirialia, go running around there now." 


"Yeah...... I'm tired. I need to rest." 


"Your faults are your lack of concentration and your lack of stamina. Just in case you're not sure, use your magic properly while you're running." 


"That's even more tiring." 


"That's what I'm talking about." 


I say with the intention of kicking her in the butt, and she starts running while glaring at me with a devilish look on her face. 


Mages basically don't move from the spot. But sometimes they have to run around the battlefield. What is needed at such times is physical strength. 


And multitasking, which means performing magic while running, kills two birds with one stone by combining physical strength and magic training at the same time. It's not difficult to do both at the same time when you are meditating and your mind is clear. 


"Oraa!" 


"Phew!" 


Over there, Athena and Frey were trainin too. 


Frey was swinging the wooden sword with force, and Athena was trying to catch it. Athena tried to catch it, but she was unable to do so due to Frey's power, and was knocked out of her stance by the wooden sword. 


Frey was the perfect opponent for Athena's training. She is just swinging the wooden sword with force without worrying about it's muscles, but she has more physical strength and power than anyone else. It would be very difficult to parry Frey's heavy attack. That is why it's worth doing. 


Athena's weakness is her power. It's only natural that she would be defeated in a serious encounter. Until now, Athena has been able to use her godlike evasive ability, but if that ability is blocked, she will not be able to cope with the situation. 


To parry the attack of an opponent who has more physical strength than you, you need to be severe and perfect. But with Athena's talent, there is nothing she can't do. 


"Ora ora ora, what's the matter Athena, you're not at all good at this!" 


"Don't get carried away!" 


Oh, no! 


Athena, timing her slash down from the top released by the amused Frey, attaches her sword from the outside and swats it away to deflect its trajectory. 


She pointed the tip of her cut at Frey's neck, whose body's center of gravity had been shaken by the perfect parry, and smiled triumphantly. 


"Hmm, how about that, Frey?" 


"Tsk, don't be a p*ssy. It's just a coincidence, right?" 


No, that was no accident. It was a perfect pass. 


If she had made even the slightest mistake in the way he applied force, or in the way he paused, Frey wouldn't have been able to break her position. Because she was able to control the flow of power, Frey was unable to hold her ground. 


(This is why I don't like geniuses.)


I let out a sigh. 


The art of parry is an advanced skill. However, it's also a skill that anyone can acquire if they continue to train for defense that only slightly deflects the trajectory of the ball. 


However, it was extremely difficult to perfectly manipulate the flow of power and to break the opponent's stance as you are doing now. 


Athena has grasped this in a short period of time, just a month or so. What should we call this without calling her a genius? 


The probability of success is still low for the perfect one, but the technique of simply diverting the trajectory of the ball is taking shape. It won't be long before she masters it. 


"All right, it's time to take over." 


"Yes, it is. Hmmm, you've been having so much fun so far. Now it's my turn." 


"Heh, I can handle your attacks with ease."


A change of offense and defense. This time, Athena is on the offensive and Frey is on the receiving end. 


Athena steps closer and throws a straight. Athena tried to catch it with the palm of her hand, but she couldn't catch it in time and was punched in the face. 


"What's the matter Frey, didn't you think you could handle it with a little time to spare?" 


"Damn you!" 


Athena's fist and leg blows are not able to be successfully deflected, and Frey continues to eat them. If she succeeds, she will not suffer any physical damage, but if she fails, she will suffer more damage than if she defends herself normally. 


Until now, Frey has only guarded against attacks when they came. Because of this habit, her body cannot catch up even if she tries to parry. 


On the other hand, Athena has always been evasive, so she may have easily accepted the technique of parrying. 


To put it bluntly, Frey, who is a dragoness and has high defense, might be better off defending normally. I think that the technique of parry that plays instead of flowing would be enough. 


However, I would like you to challenge her anyway. If she can acquire such a technique, she will be a perfect match for the Tatsuya. I think she can be a perfect fighter who has no gaps in her offensive and defensive abilities. 


"Phew......... it's about time. Frey is on meal duty today, right?" 


"Damn, I'm just getting warmed up and it's already that late." 


The two of them stop working out when the time is right. 


The meal duty system continued. Frey and Mirialia, who couldn't call it cooking at first, are doing a little better. 


Well, that's thanks to me and Athena's hard work and guidance. 


The reason why I am observing is not because I want to skip work. There is a good reason. 


One is to keep an eye on Mirialia. I have to go and get her because she is going to run out of energy very soon and fall down. If I leave her alone, she'll just fall asleep. 


As for Athena and Frey, it is better to let them work together, because they can learn a lot from each other. 


Athena is a fighter and Frey is a swordsman, so they can experience a different fighting style. 


I'm not saying that you have to be good at it. There are things you can notice and learn, even if it's just a little bit of nibbling and learning. That's pretty important. You can make the most of it. 


I think Athena could have made it as a fighter. If she had more power, she could have switched. 


Sometimes I play with her, but I don't open my mouth because I don't want to waste my time teaching her too much. I just show them my techniques. Whether they can steal it or not is up to them. 


Besides, I think it's better to have friendly competition with people of the same age. 


"That's a good feeling." 


It's only been a month since we started our journey and began working out. 


I was excited for the first time in a long time to see these guys growing so rapidly.



PREV | NEXT