Chapter 36: Est. 2 (Part 2)


TL: Scaramochi


***


[Est's POV]


"Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!" 


"It's hard!" 


"It's not dead yet! I thought I've already done some damage!" 


"Don't be in a hurry, the Giant Golem's durability is unmatched by other monsters." 


I'm Est. 


I'm the leader of the Silver rank party "Starlight". 


Until a few months ago, I was a member of my childhood friend Athena's party "Stardust", but I was branded as useless as a enchanter and expelled from the party. 


But after that, my abilities were awakened and I became able to cast grant magic on myself, and I became strong enough to defeat an intermediate level labyrinth master solo. 


Soon after, Sora and Fuu, two beastmen, joined me and we formed a party called Starlight, which means to shine higher than the Stardust that banished me. 


After forming Starlight, I mainly dived into intermediate labyrinths to strengthen my combination with Sora and Fuu. 


Although they were just starting out as adventurers, the two girls were the talk of the guild as they conquered the beginner level labyrinths alone, and they had a combination of skills that wasn't inferior to that of a Silver rank. 


Not only that, but their potential was even greater than I had thought. 


Sora, a rare species among the beastmen, is a twin-sword attacker, but she is also skilled in magic, and can use both light magic and recovery magic. There are few people who can use both kinds of magic, and yet they are useful in dungeons, so they were really helpful. 


Fuu, a black wolf species with high combat power, is a fighter-fighter with excellent power and speed, and has the same agility as me if only in terms of agility. 


In addition to that, she can handle dark magic, which is rarer than light magic, and can also be used for searching for enemies, which makes searching in dungeons much easier. 


If I could give them both my magic, they would be a match made in heaven. 


We improved our combination while getting used to fighting in the intermediate level labyrinths with the magic enchanted to us, defeated the labyrinth master in no time, and tried the advanced level labyrinths. 


The advanced labyrinth is a place that holds bitter memories for me. 


In this labyrinth, I was completely slowed down by Stardust and was attacked by a monster and seriously wounded. 


Because of this, Athena decided that I couldn't keep up with the attack any longer, and she expelled me from the party. 


But I am no longer the wimp I was then. 


I can now enchant magic to myself, and my strength has surpassed Athena's. And I am no longer the wimp I was back then. And I now have Sora and Fuu as my friends, who are much stronger, more serious, and more dependable than Dale, who played with my pure heart, and the lazy Mirialia. 


I was convinced that I, or rather we, would be good enough for the advanced labyrinth. 


And that conviction turned into a confirmation. 


The monsters that appeared in the higher levels were indeed strong. Each and every one of them was strong, sometimes with nasty attacks, and some of them were on the same level as the labyrinth lords of the beginner and intermediate levels. 


But we were able to cope with all of them and break through. 


The more Sora and Fuu fight, the stronger they get. But they aren't the only ones who are getting stronger. 


I, too, gained strength at the speed of running up the stairs. Gradually, the amount of magic power increased, the types of enchant magic increased, the value when enchanted increased, and the number of times I could multiply my magic at once increased. 


To be honest, I don't feel like I can lose to anyone. 


"Athena and the others are in the labyrinth. I'm going to go help them, what about you?" 


"Ha, the other guy is a demon god, right? What are you going to do if Dale goes there? It's like going to die. Besides, I'd rather go to my own people than Athena and the others." 


Not long ago, a demon god appeared in an intermediate labyrinth. 


Demon gods are monsters created by the labyrinth on a whim, and are like a plague to the people. Ordinary adventurers are no match for them, and it would take a large party of gold-ranked adventurers to defeat them. 


At the time, I didn't think I could win against the monster that everyone feared. 


So I tried to evacuate with Sora and Fuu. But before I could do that, reports started circulating that the demon god had been killed by someone. 


And it was my childhood friend Athena who made the report. 


According to Athena's report, an adventurer had suddenly rushed to the scene, engaged the demon god in battle, and defeated him. She didn't know who he was and left without saying hello. 


The only person I can think of who could defeat a demon god single-handedly is a legendary platinum rank adventurer. 


But when I heard this story, I suddenly remembered. 


While all adventurers were in despair over the appearance of the demon god, I remembered one adventurer who rushed to the scene. 


But I guess that was just my imagination. There was no way that "that guy" could defeat the demon god. 


But I am different now. 


I am far stronger now than I was then, and even a demon god would be defeated by me. I have accumulated that much ability and confidence. 


"Black Shoot!" 


"Goaahhh!" 


A light-attributed slash by Sora slashes off an arm, while Fuu's darkness-clad leg shot shatters a leg. 


We were now challenging the Giant Golem, the advanced labyrinth master. The Giant Stone Statue is the highest species of golem, and as it's name suggests, it's a giant golem. 


It's so high that it almost reaches the ceiling and has extraordinary defensive strength. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that its defense is the best among monsters. In addition, if it were to be seriously hit by a massive attack, it would be knocked down with a single blow. 


We were steadily accumulating damage against such an opponent, and attacking when the cracks appeared. Finally, we succeeded in breaking the Giant Golem by destroying its arms and legs with Sora's and Fuu's techniques. 


"We did it!!!!" 


"We won!" 


"......not yet!!!!" 


I warn them both, who are pleased to see the giant golem crumbling to the ground. 


The Giant Golem is still alive. Its body has collapsed, but it's magical reaction hasn't disappeared. The battle isn't over. 


As if to say that my imagination was correct, the Giant Golem's eyes shone brightly. 


"Go......gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!" 


Suddenly, the Giant Golem's body breaks apart. One by one, they became giant boulders that floated in the air and flew in all directions. 


"Kyaaa!" 


"KUK!!!!!!!!" 


"Damn, I didn't know I still had such a trump card left." 


I can't help but cluck my tongue. The Giant Golem is now sending rocks flying and attacking indiscriminately. It's like a storm of rocks. 


There is probably a nucleus somewhere, but we can't tell where it is, and even if we could, it would be extremely difficult to penetrate through this storm. 


"I'm going to be the best adventurer in the world. I can't just stumble through a place like this!" 


When I promised Athena, when my abilities were awakened, I swore to myself. 


I would definitely become the best adventurer in the world. 


"Attack Power Increased x10 + Muscle Strength Increased x10 + Penetrating Power Increased x10 + Shockwave enchanted" 


I will enchant myself the maximum amount of enchant magic I can enchant. I've never done such a reckless enchant before, and I'm not sure if my body will be able to handle it. 


But I will do it. I will not lose again! 


"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" 


Aim at the center of the Giant Golem. 


I knew from observation that it was rocky there and hadn't moved for a long time. Perhaps there is a nucleus in that vicinity. I'm going to wipe out the entire area around that center. 


I shook my fist as if to unleash my accumulated power. 


"Star endsmaaaaaaash!!!!" 


A moment later, a shockwave was released like a storm. 


A single shockwave rushed forward, obliterating the rocks floating in the air and obliterating the central area without a trace. 


"Go......o......" 


It was probably because the nucleus was lost. The remaining rocks that had been floating in the air fell one after another. The absence of any magical reaction confirmed that this time the Giant Golem was gone. 


"Hah...... hah...... we won." 


"Est!!!!!!!" 


"Est!" 


Oh, my God! 


Relieved at their victory, Sora and Fuu jumped up and hugged me. They were both excitedly happy, perhaps because of their victory. 


"What was that! That's too much!" 


"I cringed when it separated, but it was a quintessential Est. I can't believe you had such a powerful attack hidden away." 


"I applied the granting magic to the maximum, but I had never done it before because of the risk. But Sora and Fuu did their best to cut it down so I could conserve my strength. We won because of you two, thank you." 


I patted Sora and Fuu on the head as I expressed my gratitude, and they were delighted, their faces turning bright red as if they were embarrassed. 


(We finally did it!)


With the two of them by my side, I was basking in a sense of accomplishment at having conquered and cleared an advanced level labyrinth.



PREV | NEXT