Chapter 53: The Fate Of Sasaki And Mizuki (Part 1)


TL: Scaramochi


***


[Sasaki's POV]


It's the worst day of my life, running into Mizuki. 


I held back the stress that was making me feel sick and turned my head toward Mizuki. 


"Mizuki. Can you call me a cab so I can find a place where we can talk?" 


Mizuki nodded silently and put her phone to her ear. 


"Not Sasaki...... Kiraboshi." 


"Just Sasaki as usual." 


"But..." 


"It's okay. I'm the same as always." 


"Uh-huh." 


The cab will be here in two minutes. 


I decided to talk to Mizuki at her favorite café where I and Makishima had a couple pancakes before. 


The owner there knows me, and I'm sure we'll be fine. 


After that, I called the cafe while riding in the cab Mizuki called for me. 


The owner answered the phone and said, "I'm not busy today, so I don't mind." 


When we arrived at the cafe, the owner, wearing glasses and a triangular hood, was waiting for us in front of the cash register and put away the store sign as soon as we entered. 


"Ayane, thanks for bringing your friends." The owner said. 


"I'm not in the mood for that today." 


"You were with your boyfriend the other day, but today you're with your friends." 


If it weren't for this needlessly irritating behavior, I'd really think she was a good and understanding person. 


"Who's Ayane's boyfriend?" 


Mizuki comes in from the side. 


See, things get nasty right away. 


"Huh? You didn't tell your friends? Ayane, you know, the day after you made a fuss about finding your first love, you really brought that first love along! And as a boyfriend, too! Well, he was just as handsome and handsome as his picture. I think his name is Maki." 


"Stop talking, owner!" 


I reach out my hand to cover her mouth, which is as tight as a broken toadstool. 


"Ayane's First Love......" 


What is it, Mizuki?


"No, I don't intend to. Let's talk about it. Come on, my friend." 


"Are you sure you don't mind if I join you? I can't believe I'm sharing a table with two such great people." 


"No problem. Now that she knows who we are, we can't just leave her there." 


"Yes, yes ...... that's right." 


I'm so sorry to Aihara for getting her involved in all of this so suddenly. 


As soon as we enter the restaurant, we are shown to a table for four. 


"May I ask the name of your schoolmate?" 


"My name is Yuzu Aihara. I'm a fan of Mizuki. I listen to your new song every day!"


"Fufu... Thank you, Aihara." 


Mizuki is talking to Aihara, but she keeps looking at me. 


"Did you hear it, Ayane? My new song." 


"Of course not, I won't listen to it." 


"......oh." 


Even though we were talking at the same table distance, the distance between my heart and Mizuki's heart never shortened. 


"Oh, um! You two haven't interacted since you left Genesistars?" 


"No, we haven't. I didn't want to see her face if possible." 


"Oh......? Sasaki, don't talk like that." 


"It's fine. Ayane will always be a child, so I can only talk to her this way. I thought it would be okay for me to see her once in a while." 


"You're still talking like a big shot, aren't you? Are you still the leader?" 


"You're the one who's still bending over backwards over that thing, aren't you a polished child? I'm sure you're blushing from being patted on the head by your sweet boyfriend anyway, aren't you?" 


As Mizuki and I began to bicker with each other over the table, our hips were lifting off our chairs. 


"Hey, hey, hey, stop! Stop fighting! Don't just stand there staring at me, shopkeeper, and say something!" 


"Are you ready to order?" 


"No, I'm not!"


After that, Aihara quieted me down and Mizuki and I sat back in our chairs and continued to stare at each other in silence.



PREV | NEXT