Chapter 4: Transferring Schools


TL: Akabane


***


-- One year later...



I graduated from elementary school and entered junior high school.


In this junior high school, it's compulsory to join club activities.


To be honest, I don't want to join a club.


It seems like too much trouble. ......


But the teacher was angry at me and told me to join a club.


I had no choice but to join the tennis club.


Tennis practice is hard, but the seniors are kind.


I made a lot of friends in my class, and I am living a fulfilling life.


I'm having a great time.



 







-- One day...



"Hey, Yuji!"


My mother spoke to me.


"What is it ......?"


"I'm getting remarried."


"Remarried ......?"


I nodded my head at my mother's words.


Remarried, you say ......?


I look at her, "What do you mean?" I asked, and my mother answered.


"Well, you see--"


Apparently, my mother is getting remarried.


The name of her remarriage partner is Sakata Umi.


He was the man with whom my mother had an affair.


Apparently, he also has a child.


"Tomorrow, I'll go with you to greet him."


"I refuse. I have plans to hang out with my friends tomorrow."


I said, "I don't want to go."


"What the ......? You--"


My mother said, interrupting me.


"Also, I'm moving to that guy's house, so you'll have to say goodbye to your school friends."


"...... Huh ......."


She said we were moving to her remarried partner's house.


Because of this, I have to say goodbye to my school friends.


Why is this happening .....?


Damn it.


 








We came to the house of my mother's second marriage partner.


It was a nice three-floor house.


I wondered if I was going to live here. ......


My mother's partner from her second marriage spoke to me.


"Yuji, nice to meet you."


"Yes, it's nice to meet you ......."


I shook hands with my mother's partner.


My mother's partner from her second marriage seemed to be a kind person.


Knowing that, I feel relieved.


Thank God, he doesn't seem to be a scary person.


I look to the side.


My eyes meet those of a beautiful girl.


She had beautiful black hair that reminded me of the night sky.


She had a dignified face.


She was wearing a white one-piece dress.


Is this the child of her partner?


"You, your name is ......?"


"Sakata Yui. You are ......?"


"I'm Yuji."


"Yes, nice to meet you, Yuji."


"Nn......."


We reach out and shake hands.


Thus, I have a new father and a new sister.


Also, my last name was changed to "Sakata."


 



***





Inside the classroom.


In front of the blackboard, my homeroom teacher and a new student - me.


Seeing me next to the homeroom teacher, the students looked at me with a curious expression on their faces.


"This is the transfer student. Here, Sakata-kun, say hello."


"Yes ......."


I wrote the name "Yuji Sakata" on the blackboard and slowly opened my mouth.


"My name is Yuji Sakata. Pleased to meet you. ......"


My voice was trembling.


I was nervous.


One of the students opened his mouth.


"What are your hobbies, Sakata-kun?"


"My hobby is ...... reading."


One after another, students asked questions.


I answered their questions without hesitation.


After the question time was over, the homeroom teacher spoke to me.


"Sakata-kun, please sit in that seat."


"Okay. ......."


I slowly sit down in the seat indicated by the teacher.


We're going to start studying at this school today.......?


Will I be able to make new friends?


I'm a little nervous.


 


 




A few moments later, the chime sounded throughout the school.


Finally, the first period class has ended.


I'm ...... really tired.


I turned my head to the side and saw a female student.


I met eyes with one of the female students.


The flaxen hair that extends to the shoulders.


She has the appearance of an idol.


I gulped at the sight of her breasts, which were so big that they were out of a junior high school student's reach.


The beautiful girl opened her mouth.


"You're Yuji Sakata, right?"


"...... hmm? How do you know my name?"


"Why do you mean ...... you introduced yourself earlier. Pfft, you're so funny, Sakata-kun."


"......"


"I'm Akari Shinomiya. Nice to meet you, Sakata-kun."


"Ah, ah, nice to meet you. ......"


Her name is Akari Shinomiya?


She's cute. ......


I think she's the cutest woman I've ever met.


To be honest, she's my type.


I wonder if she has a boyfriend.


"Sakata-kun, were you involved in club activities at your previous school?"


"Hmm? Yeah, I was in ......."


"What club were you in?"


"Tennis club."


"Wow, tennis club! That looks good on you!"


"Are you in a club, Shinomiya?"


"Yes, I'm in it too. What club do you think?


"Brass band, right?"


"Boo hoo, you're wrong! I'm in the basketball club."


Shinomiya belongs to the women's basketball club?


I definitely thought it was the brass band club. ......


Unusually, my prediction was wrong.


"Oh, that's right. Let's exchange contact information."


Shinomiya said and took out her phone from her bag.


I look at her phone and tilt my head.


"Doesn't this school forbid you to bring your phone in?"


"Of course we ban them."


"Then, why are you bringing your phone into ......?"


"Huh. As long as the teacher doesn't find out, it's fine."


"You think like a criminal."


"Don't say such horrible things anymore."


Shinomiya says so and puckered up her cheeks. 


What's that, so cute .......


"Oh, maybe you didn't bring your phone ......?"


"No, I brought it, in case you're wondering."


"Then, let's exchange contact information. Let's exchange contact information, shall we?"


"Oh, oh ......."


I pull out my phone from my bag and exchange contact information with Shinomiya.


To be honest, I'm not good with women who are close to me like this.


I almost mistake her for someone who likes me.


"Nice to meet you from now on, Sakata-kun."


"Yeah, nice to meet you."


It's only my first day at my new school, but I've made a friend.


And she's a super beautiful girl.











-- After school...



Finally, afternoon classes are over.


I put my textbook and pencil in my bag and left the classroom.


After a while, I arrived home.


There was no answer when I said, "I'm home."


I wonder if anyone is home ......?


I move to my room.


In my room, I see a desk, a chair, and a bed.


On the desk is a computer.


This is my new room.


Suddenly, someone knocks on my door.


Hm? Who is it ......?


I get up from my chair and open the door.


At the same time, Yui Sakata's figure came into view.


"Hey, Yuji-kun."


Yui spoke to me.


"Hmm? What's that ......?"


"Do you like games?"


I let out a dumb voice in response to Yui's words, "Eh ......."


What's this question ......?


"Do you hate it?"


"No, I don't hate it, but..."


"Good."


Yui smiles happily at my reply.


"If you want, why don't you play a game with me?"


"Now ......?"


"Yes, now."


"I don't mind."


"Eh? Really ......?"


"Yeah."


"Thank you."


Yui smiles gently.


She was so beautiful that I couldn't help but look away.


This girl is so cute. ......


"Where are we going to do it?"


"Shall we do it in my room?"


"Okay."


We move to Yui's room. 


Yui's room was not very girly.


On the desk is a gaming PC.


On the shelves, there were a lot of manga and game software.


It's what you would call an otaku room.


"Are you an otaku ......?"


"Yes, I am. Did you feel uncomfortable?"


"No, I feel closer to you."


"Fufu, that's good to hear."


Yui turned on the TV and game console and sat down on the floor.


I sat down next to her.


Yui smells sweet like fruit.


It smells good. ...... Is it the smell of shampoo?


"Yes, here."


Yui handed me a game controller.


I accept the game controller and focus on the TV screen.


The game we are currently playing is called "Monster Fantasy."


"Monster Fantasy" is a game in which you use magic to defeat strong monsters.


 



-- After 30 minutes...



We finally defeated a powerful monster.


"We did it!"


"Yeah!"


We high-five.


We became friends through this game.


But I didn't know that Yui was a game otaku.


I was a bit surprised.


At the same time, I thought, "I think I can get along with this girl."


I like games and anime too.


"Hey. How about we defeat that monster one more time?"


"Huh? Oh, yeah, sure."


"Fufu, thank you."


I think I'm going to get along well with my step-sister, Yui.



PREV | NEXT