Chapter 11


TL: Akabane


***


Because of this gentle atmosphere, we gradually began to talk less, but we walked home together until the crossroads.


"I'm home."


"Nii-san, welcome home... what's that smell?"


When I returned home, my sister also mentioned the smell of the antiperspirant the chairman sprayed on me.


"Does it really smell that bad!?"


"It's not that bad, but you'd be surprised at how it doesn't match your image.  Have you finally found a woman for yourself?"


"How can you say that?"


Haruki, and my sister, have a terrible way of choosing words.


I don't know where they learned to use such bad language.


I don't care if it's Haruki, because he's a boy, but I don't want my sister to talk to me in this unpleasant way.


"Well, anything goes, so there's no problem.  I think it would be a good idea for Nii-san to have someone like that in your life."


"It's just a joke played by my friend.  Or rather, I don't want to be told that by a youngster who just entered high school."


"What's the problem? We're only a year apart.  I even have a boyfriend already."


"Huh?!"


"No, no, nothing surprising, I'm not going to invite him like Rin, so I don't need to tell you."


"Well, yeah, I guess so..."


My sister is a member of my family, but I think her usual appearance is neat.


She was not the same as the Chairman, but her personality was cheerful and friendly, which probably made her more popular than her.


But she don't show that kind of vibe, so her statement is surprising.


"Well, we go to different high schools, so I don't know how long it will last."


"Since you say that, aren't you already like that yourself?"


"Maybe.  But I'm busy right now, and she's always asking about when we'll see each other again."


My sister says building friendships is easy, but I don't think she's too interested in a relationship.


That's exactly how I imagined it, and since she was talking about it as if it was someone else's business, it seemed like they would break up soon.


My sister is probably the type of person who, if she were to get into a relationship, then it would just be carried here and there.


"Is your boyfriend from my school?"


"No, no.  He took the entrance exam test, but he failed and got into a private school, so he's not there."


But I thought it would be better for me personally to have such a light relationship.


What's more, since I entered high school, the topic of relationships between men and women had become increasingly complicated, so this level of conversation was stress-free and not bad.


If she tries to take him home like she did with Rin-chan, then I will destroy him.


"Well, if you break up with him, you can date someone else at school that you can be comfortable and get along with."


"You're getting good at this..."


My sister was no longer one step ahead of me.


"By the way, aren't pranksters supposed to be cute or something?"


"She is cute.  It's not good to judge her like this, but she's at least one of the top five girls in our class."


"Really?  In terms of pranks, is she one of those cute girls who does that to everyone?"


"Hmm... I don't know! But I don't think she's a prankster or a b*tch."


Of course she's a friendly person.


But I can't say that I've ever seen her go that far.


"I was in the same position as you, but I was in a completely different direction."


"That's a troublesome way to put it.  Put it in a clearer way!"


"She's cheerful, but she's not like you!"


"Hee~ that sounds good.  Why don't you try hitting her?"


"How stupid of me to keep talking."


She asked for a clear explanation from me, and I thought she would give me some useful advice, but all I got was ugly opinions like Haruki.


At first, I was done for when I expected advice from my sister, who never wanted to lose.


This is what people say about me, but I feel like I'm friends with the Chairman.


"Uh, aren't you usually attractive to them?"


"No, no..."


"Hm, I don't believe it.  ...Oh.  Could it be because you're watching Rin, Nii-san?"


"W-What now...?!"


Suddenly, my sister said something that connected me with Rin-chan.


In an instant, I felt an unpleasant chill run through my body.


"No, it's just that since you've already seen Rin's level, so you must be used to seeing cute girls in a bad way, and you became too careless."


"I see."


Safe.  Unfortunately, there is no such thing as being used to looking at cute girls.


I still couldn't stop my heart from beating when Rin-chan looked at me.


I'm probably a small fish who can't make eye contact with the chairwoman for more than three seconds.


"If you're close to a girl who is one of the top five girls in the world, then you should be able to talk to her.  If you can't even do that, what kind of man are you?"


"No matter how advanced you are, I still don't want you talking about guys."


I felt like my mind was relatively close to a man, but that didn't mean I wanted to be corrupted by my sister.


Or rather, the Chairman said that he didn't like pushy people like that.


"You're really extravagant, aren't you? Being at school not only with Rin, but also with someone cute like her?  It might not be worth it if you can't even get a girlfriend to make up for it."


"Maybe? I guess."


"Well, there you go..."


My sister said with a grin.


"Nii-san's composure is so strong that I can safely say that you and Rin are fine.  Thank you for your support."


"Yes, yes."


My sister, who had basically done nothing but insult me, suddenly trusted me at times like this.


Just like Rin-chan, she also trusted me unconditionally.


When she relied on me like this, it made me think that she was cute, even though she was usually arrogant.


However, Rin-chan's trust in me and my sister's trust in me seemed to be the same, but they were in different directions.


I didn't realize that the subtle misunderstanding caused by the dishonesty in confiding in my sister would lead to something like this.


As I always thought, I couldn't help but feel sorry that I had made it such a difficult matter.


"Let's get ready for dinner."


"Hmm, good luck today.  I'll be the one preparing for next week anyway."


"Don't you have any club activities?"


"Yes, but that's normal.  I'll probably go home before Nii-san.  You don't have to worry about her homework, just support Rin!"


"Okay."


"If Rin's grades drop, I'll treat you like trash, Nii-san."


For some reason, I couldn't stand the thought of myself being treated like trash by my younger brother with whom I was currently intimate.


Although only her friend was involved, but I had to fulfill the expectations of my sister who supported me so much.



PREV | NEXT