Chapter 7: It's All A Set-up Trap


TL: Akabane


***


"Come on! Let's go to school together sometime!"


The day after hearing Suzune's once-in-a-lifetime confession, I was getting ready for school as usual when Miyuki called out to me. I was putting on my shoes at the entrance, and when I turned around, there was Miyuki in her school uniform.


"Onii-chan, are you listening? I said, let's go to school together!"


"Huh? Are you sleepwalking? I'll kill you now."


"Your eyes are wide open. Didn't you hear this cute little Miyuki say let's go to school together with you?"


And Miyuki tilts her head. I stare at her with cold eyes.


"Why do you and I have to go to school together?"


"We go to the nearest school together, so why not?"


With that said, Miyuki hugs me from behind in a familiar manner.


Hey, hey, what's the matter, Miyuki? Did you hit your head or something? Why does Miyuki, who told her mother not to wash her underwear with her brother's clothes, want to go to school with me?


To be honest, her behavior stinks and I wanted to go to school separately if possible. However, she persisted, so I reluctantly agreed to go to school with my sister.


I waited for Miyuki to put on her shoes and opened the front door, but the moment I saw the girl standing in front of the gate of the house, I understood why Miyuki persistently invited me.


"S-Senpai, good morning ......."


When Suzune, who stands in front of the gate, finds me, she give me her cool and refreshing smile and bows to me in a stupidly polite manner.


I was completely set up by Miyuki. I glared at Miyuki, who waved her hand at Suzune with an indifferent face, but she grinned wickedly at me as if to say she had done me a favor.


"Eh, Suzune-chan, good morning ......."


But now that it had happened, there was no turning back, so I returned the greeting with an awkward smile, hiding my anger at my sister.


Still, she is cute.


Today she is as dazzling as a sunflower, yet still clean.


It's like a lie, isn't it? This woman is reading a novel I'm writing about a sister cuckold.


As we exit the gate, Miyuki claps her hands together, "I'm sorry, did I make you wait?" When she apologized, Suzune shook her head, "No, I just arrived too."


"W-We're going to school with Senpai today?"


Apparently, Suzune hadn't heard that I was joining. I tilted my head a little curiously. Then, Miyuki looked up at me as if she were looking at a piece of filth.


"Haa ...... somehow, Onii-chan has been pestering me since this morning to go to school with me ....... It's really creepy to be a siscon. ......"


"Oooooh, you're talking about a lot of different things, aren't you! Miyuki! If you're sleepwalking, can I slap you a little?"


"That's why I'm reluctantly with you today. ......"


Seeing such a conversation between me and Miyuki, Suzune let out a giggle, wondering what was so funny.


"You and Miyuki are really close, aren't you? I kind of envy you. ......"


Suzune looked at me and Miyuki alternately with envious eyes for some reason. At such, Suzune, Miyuki and I looked at each other.


"But Suzune-chan and Shota-kun are pretty close too, right?"


Miyuki asked on behalf of the question that both of us had at the same time. In response to Miyuki's question, Suzune answered a bit brusquely, "Umm, yes, we are close, and I love my brother ......."


"But I think it would be fun to have a relationship where we can joke around with each other like Miyuki and Senpai."


I think about Suzune's words a little. Indeed, the relationship between Suzune and Shota is a little different from the relationship between me and Miyuki. I'm sure they get along well, and I know that Suzune loves Shota, but the kind of friendship they have is different from ours. No, we siblings are not close at all! It's just that .......


"Well, let's go."


With that said, the three of us start walking.


Should I call Shota to tell him to go ahead?


The three of us talked about nothing else and headed to the school.


But after about five minutes of walking, Miyuki suddenly stopped.


"Sh*t!"


"What's wrong?"


"I left yesterday's assignment on my desk!"


As soon as she said that, she stared at me for some reason.


"Ahaha!!! I-I'm going home to pick it up ..... so you two can go ahead!"


After saying that, Miyuki turned around and ran to her house as if she was trying to escape. 


Hey, hey, Miyuki-chan... as expected, you're not very good at acting, aren't you?


Apparently, it was her real intention. The self-proclaimed Cupid Miyuki of me and Suzune seemed to want me and her to go to school together.


"What should we do?"


Suzune looked a little troubled by the sudden turn of events. I thought about standing here for my cute little sister until she came back, but I'm afraid I'll get hit later if I do that.


"Well, Miyuki said to go ahead, so I guess we'll just go by ourselves."


When I said that, Suzune slightly tinted her cheeks and replied, "Yes, that's right ......."


The two of us started walking to school. But it was somewhat awkward ...... because of yesterday's incident.


Silence followed for a while.


But then...


"A-About yesterday, ......"


Suzune breaks the silence. I felt my cheeks heat up as Suzune suddenly brought up yesterday's topic. And it must have shown on her face. Suzune also blushed when she saw me. Two red lights line up in the middle of a residential area, creating a little intersection.


"Thank you for listening to me so seriously yesterday."


"Oh, don't worry about it. Suzune-chan is Shota's sister, and I'm always willing to listen to my best friend's sister's problems."


Well, being a best friend has become a famous thing these days!


And with that, Suzune opens the zipper of her student bag and rummages inside. Then, she took her hand out of the bag and found a small wrapped bag. On the bag was an illustration of a small cat.


"S-Senpai, I don't think I can repay you with something like this, but please eat it if you like."


With that, she held out the bag to me.


"I-It's a cookie. ....... But I'm not sure I can do it as well as Miyuki-chan. ......"


"Can I have some?"


"Yes, and I'm always indebted to you for your novels. ......"


I don't really care about that, but I don't think that expression of indebtedness is good, because it's a misnomer. ......


"Would you accept it?"


Suzune looked a little worried and scared, as if she thought I would refuse.


"Well, I'll take your word for it. Thank you. Suzune-chan."


Her cheeks slightly broke into a smile as she said that.


Cute .......


I was so embarrassed to see her smile, so I said, "Well, let's go," and started walking to hide my embarrassment.


Then, we rode the train together and made it to the high school without incident. During that time, we sometimes talked about Miyuki together, talked about our favorite movies, and somehow managed to connect topics with each other to keep the conversation going, albeit awkwardly.


After entering the school building and changing into the shoes I took out of the shoe box, I waved my hand to Suzune and tried to walk to my classroom. But Suzune didn't seem to change her shoes and was staring at me with her hand on her chest.


"Is something wrong?"


"Eh? No, no, how should I say it ...... that's ......"


"What?"


I twisted my neck at Suzune's indescribably brusque tone.


"Well, Senpai, are you free after school today ......?"


"Umm, I'm free, but what's ...... up?"


"Um ...... also, if you don't mind, there is a place I would like to take my Senpai there......."


"Me?"


"Yes, yes, that ...... I thought it might be useful for my Senpai's creative work. ......"


A place to help me with my creative work?


Wait a minute ...... this girl knows the genre of the novel I'm writing ..... right?


I was extremely anxious, but Suzune had invited me. I said, "Okay. I'll see you after school." She showed me her white teeth and said, "Yes!"


***


After school came. I had not been told where she was going to take me, so I watched Shota leave the school as promised, and then waited for Suzune in front of the school gate.


However, I couldn't find the girl who looked like Suzune. I'm sure Suzune told me to wait in front of the school gate. ......


I was thinking about it, but then I suddenly saw a strange sight.


What the heck is this .......


Ahead of my eyes, I saw a large cherry blossom tree with the words "10th Anniversary Tree" written on it. And there was a girl peeking out from the tree.


If I look closely, I will see Suzune. Suzune is beckoning me with her body hidden in the tree.


It seems that she wants me to come over there.


I couldn't help but go, since I had been summoned anyway. Tilting my head, I walk up to the memorial tree.


"I'm sorry I startled you..."


Suzune apologized to me as she came over and bowed politely.


"No, I don't mind, but ...... why are you there?"


I asked, and Suzune smiled bitterly, "Ehehe ......."


"I know some of my brother's acquaintances in the school, and I'm kind of embarrassed to say this ...... kind of thing myself, but I'm pretty easy to be seen ......."


Her cheeks flushed as she said that.


I see, I had completely forgotten that Suzune was the overwhelming idol of the school, although the image of her as a pervert had been so prevalent that I had forgotten about it. It seems that even the quintessential Suzune is aware of the fact that she is a prominent figure in her own right.


"It's true ...... but then, you don't have to go to the trouble of meeting up inside the school, right.......?"


If you don't want to stand out, you don't have to go to the trouble of making such a place as a meeting place. In front of the train station ...... would stand out like a stone, but if it's a coffee shop or something like yesterday, you should be able to avoid some publicity.


"That's right, but we have to meet here today."


"What do you mean?"


Well, Suzune said she'd take me to a place that would be useful for my creative work.


Hmm? Wait a minute.


"Suzune-chan, could it be ......?"


"Yes, the place I want to take Senpai is in the school."


Saying that, Suzune smiled happily.


Apparently, the dubious school search is about to begin. ......



PREV | NEXT