Chapter 33: Sasaki's True Feelings Revealed, The Fighting Spirit For The Next Step


TL: Akabane


***


After parting with Mizuki, I came back to my room at a quick pace and immediately opened my laptop.


Launching the web browser, I scribbled down a note about the work Kiraboshi Ayane was doing three years ago.


"Dramas, movies, and regular shows like "Ayane Kirahoshi Ayane's Pancake Trip" and "Sweetshop Kiraboshi.""


Sasaki must have been on an awful lot of shows. (Even so, it seems like a lot of them are in the sweetness line ......)


With so many shows, it's hard to narrow it down at all.


--- "So at the end of the year, I became the official manager of the high school soccer championship ......."


...... Wait a minute.


I thought Sasaki said she was going to go from being the one cheered on to being the one cheered on.


If that's the case, does that mean he could be a soccer player?


And according to Mizuki, Sasaki flew overseas for a man after she retired ......? And apparently...


"I'm just assuming, but if that guy was in the high school soccer championship that year, could it be a player who went overseas directly after graduating from high school?"


Three years ago, that is, when I was in my first year of high school, there was only one person who went straight overseas. ......


"Kanagawa Ryushin, the hero of Inaba Sogo High School, who won the championship that year: ......"


Ryushin Kanagawa, from his height of 192 cm, is a versatile striker who can score from anywhere, head and both feet.


He joined the English first division top six at the age of 18 after graduating from high school with high expectations for his future, and was called post Oshira Takato, but he was out of contract after one year due to linguistic and mental problems.


"After returning to Japan, he joined Legende Kawasaki of the N1 League ...... and is currently on loan to Odawara United of the N3 League."


You're falling as far as you can fall. ...... Not that I can tell you that.


However, Ryushin Kanagawa, oddly enough, flew overseas at the same time as Sasaki and returned to Japan at the same time too.


It also explains why Sasaki flew overseas because he was chasing after Ryushin Kanagawa, whom he saw in the championship final three years ago. ......


Great deduction. You could be a detective, couldn't you?


"Besides, Odawara United will plays in the first round of the Emperor's Cup."


...... In other words, I have a chance to talk to that high school soccer hero, Ryushin Kanagawa, but if I'm not in the first team by late May, he won't register me for the Emperor's Cup.


In other words, I have to make it into the first team by the end of May.


My best chance to appeal is at the Golden Week training camp, which starts next week.


If I can get acquainted with Ryushin Kanagawa, I can introduce him to Sasaki.


With this goal in mind, I am determined to make it to the first team.


***


[Sasaki's POV]


While I was heating the bath water after returning from my date, I kept looking at my headband.


I was a little happy to see that Makishima had chosen the same red color for me, as my image color had always been closer to red since I was an idol.


Today was a satisfying day, as we held hands, he bought me a headband, and he took me on a tour of the cafes.


Anyway, today Makishima suddenly said he wanted to hold hands with me ...... and maybe it was because we stayed the night, but we became much closer.......


"He definitely likes me!"


I sit on the bed and hug the stuffed dolphin.


"Mwahhhh."


I rub my grinning face against the stuffed animal and writhe in agony.


Looking back, it's been a long road.


After I retired as an idol, I thought I couldn't live in Japan until things cooled down, so I left Japan and went to Paris to live as a ronin.


My one-year stay in Paris was meant to disappear and to study abroad, but I actually had another goal in mind.


That was - to go to the same university as Makishima.


Three years ago, during the final of the high school soccer championship.


I was invited to the studio as the official manager, and I was looking forward to seeing Seishin Gakuen High School in the packed National Stadium.


As the official manager before the championship, I traveled to Toyama to cover Seishin Gakuen High School, a team that was favored to participate in the tournament.


Seishin Gakuen is a boys' school with a drunken coach and a bunch of obnoxious guys, so I had the worst impression of the school, but there was one player who gave off an aura that was the complete opposite of the atmosphere of a boys' school.


Seishin Gakuen High School freshman No. 9--Yutaro Makishima.


He is agile and smart standing out, appearing out of sight and hitting the net one after another with a single touch.


His body is not lanky like other boys, and his face is cool, just like a prince. ......


Described as a rare one-touch goaler by Hoshigami Gakuen's coach, Kishihara, he stretches his legs to score a goal in any position.


He has a serious face during the game, but after he scores a goal, he always has a big smile on his face.


When I saw him like that, my heart was filled with emotion and I couldn't take my eyes off of him.


I unconsciously pointed my phone camera at him.


If I am able to interview him at the Winter Championships, I will tell him how I feel about him.


I forgot about my occupation (being an idol) and had this thought as a high school girl.


Being ignorant about soccer, I naturally thought that Yutaro Makishima of Seishin Gakuen would be coming to the championship, and that I would be able to talk with him alone during the best player interview at the championship.


However, Yutaro Makishima never came to the interview room that year.


On the contrary, Seishin Gakuen was eliminated in the Toyama Prefectural Qualifying Round for the first time since its establishment.


Since then, I had a strong desire to have a conversation with Yutaro Makishima, even if it was only once.


At first, that was all I wanted to do ..... but eventually, that feeling grew and grew.


"......I want to support him the closest. I want to support Makishima."


The chime for the end of the hot water heating echoed in the room.


***


A week had passed since my concussion and I was finally back at practice.


It had been a while since I had worn practice clothes, and a long time since I had worn upshoes.


As soon as practice started, I was called in by the coach.


"Have you had a good week's rest?"


The coach strokes my head with the hand that was stroking my white beard earlier.


Wow, there's a gray hair ...... in his hair.


"What's up?"


"Nah, it's nothing. ......"


"You're not secretly practicing, are you?"


"Yes!"


"...... Okay. I'm the leader of the first team. Do you know how much I've been scolded by the first team leaders?


"I'm sorry. I made a big deal out of nothing."


"No, it's not. I'm sorry, but it's not that. Just get yourself back in shape by next week's training camp."


After the coach finished talking, I went back to the stretching circle, sat down next to Azaki, and started stretching.


"Azaki."


"Congratulations on your return."


"That's......."


"What's wrong? Are you hurting somewhere early in your return?"


"It's not that. ...... I'm going to ask you a weird question, but if I get good results at the Golden Week training camp next week ...... do you think I'll be able to move up to the first team?"


"For me to hear such a thing... what kind of wind is it?"


"...... That's the thing."


It was a rare occasion for me to confide my concerns to Azaki.


The reason is that the current situation was too heavy for me to handle alone.


"Hmm...... In other words, the girl you're interested in likes Kanagawa Ryushin of Odawara United, so you want to get to know him and make him meet her?"


"Oh, in a nutshell, something like that."


"You ...... what kind of a spoiled brat are you!"


Asaki yells at me and punches me in the face as hard as he can.


This guy beat up a guy who was recovering from a concussion! Even Sasaki didn't hit me recently!


"Hey! What are you doing all of a sudden!"


"You care about that girl, don't you? Then, beat up Kanagawa Ryushin and tell her to go out with you instead of that guy!"


"That's easy for you to say, but I must fighting with that Ryushin Kanekawa, you remember?"


"Even if you loses, just tell her to go out with you because you have better face than him."


"That's lame."


Azaki brings a cold squeeze bottle and cools my cheek.


"I'm sorry I hit you, but I did it for your own good."


"It's a domestic violence, right?"


"Anyway! Why don't you beat Ryushin Kanagawa and win both the goal and the woman in the Emperor's Cup?"


Azaki stands up first and extends his hand to me as I sit down.


Of course, I'd like that too.


"You like her, don't you, Makishima? Don't you love that girl?"


Ever since I heard about Sasaki's first love, I've always wanted to get out of her way, but ...... sorry Sasaki.


I take Azaki's hand and stand up.


For today ...... only, Azaki is right.


"I ...... got it. I was wrong."


"You're going to do it, Makishima? The other party is a professional, right?"


"You're the one who started it, right?"


Azaki slapped my ass and started running.


"First of all, I'll get a light result and enter the first team. Makishima!"


"Oh."


I nodded and started running next to Azaki.



PREV | NEXT