Chapter 10: The Promised Match (Ex-Idol-chan's Morning Routine)


TL: Akabane


***


[Sasaki's POV]


6:00 AM on the day of the match


I wake up at the sound of the alarm.


"Whaaaaaat, is it 6:00 a.m.?!"


I rub my sleepy eyes and my blurry vision becomes clear.


Why did I set my alarm for such an early hour?


I don't have a first period lecture, and I quit my idol long ago.......


"......Yeah, it's Makishima's game today."


I jump out of bed, and while taking off my favorite fuzzy pajamas I recently bought, I turn on the electric kettle and head for the bath.


The game starts at 8:30 a.m., so I need to get ready quickly.


I fill the bathtub while taking a shower, wash my hair, and now take a rabbit-shaped body sponge and wash every inch of my body.


"I wonder if the bath is filled?"


After showering off all the bubbles from my body, I check the bathtub.


Okay, five minutes today, too.


After filling the bathtub with water at high speed and adding bath salts, I slowly enter the bathtub, starting from my toes.


"It's warm......!"


The morning routine of soaking in a warm bathtub is something I've been doing since I arrived in Tokyo.


I'm not good at mornings, but I never miss this one.


I warm up in the bathtub and look up at the rising steam in a daze, feeling all warm and fuzzy.


"Is that Makishima guy nervous?"


A promise I made to Makishima.


If he score a goal, I'll have a special dinner, if he don't score a goal, he'll do whatever I says.


"I've already decided what the dinner will be, but what if it's a no-goal?"


I wonder if Makishima will do whatever I ask.......


I wonder what I should ask him to do.


"Oh yeah, maybe help with the shopping? I also like the idea of having him accompany me to that café again. The pancakes the other day were delicious."


......But if we're going to go to all that trouble, I'd like to give Makishima something to take a break from it.


"Hmmm......... well, I guess I'll just have to decide what I feel like at the time."


After getting out of the bath and wiping myself with a bath towel, I put on the navy underwear I always wear for important occasions and my fuzzy loungewear, and dry my hair with a hair dryer.


I eat a full nutritional breakfast of bread and tea and decide what to wear today while brushing my teeth.


Being a former idol is a complicated thing; if I'm too cute, I'll stand out, and on the other hand, my pride won't allow me to wear something tacky.


I want to keep it mature, casual, and relaxed.......


For now, I think I'll just layer a brown cami onesie over the top.


As soon as I decide on the outfit, I'll go right into makeup.


Even if I do it carefully, I won't show it to anyone because I'll be wearing a mask anyway. ......But I'll show it to Makishima, so let's do it right.


I'm not going to let Makishima think that I'm prettier when I was Ayane Kiraboshi, my pride won't allow it.


"Okay, my makeup is done. It's not even eight o'clock yet, so I can take my time."


Humming, I put on the outfit I had decided on earlier, slung my campus tote over my shoulder, and left the apartment.


***


I arrived at the nearest station to the university a little after 8:00, put on my mask and glasses once more, and headed for the field.


When I arrived at the larger soccer field at High-Tokyo University, the bleachers were already open and the place was deserted with quite a few spectators, probably because it was a B-team game.


I had only seen packed domes when I was an idol, so this was a sight I couldn't believe my eyes.


I wondered, "Where should I go to see the show?"


As I wandered around the audience seats, I suddenly received a tug on my shoulder from behind.


Ah, could it be Makishima?


"Oh, Makishima, don't worry."


I turn around, and there it is.


"Sasaki, right?"


"......Ah, Aihara-san."


A college student with large breasts, wearing a floral one-piece and a G-jean.


Yes, it was Yuzu Aihara who tapped me on the shoulder.


"Thank goodness, I would have been embarrassed if I had mistaken you for someone else!"


I believe this girl said she played soccer until high school when she introduced herself at the seminar.


So was that connection the reason you came to cheer her on? But she didn't go all the way to the second team's game ...... no way.


"Sasaki, did you also come to cheer for Makishima-kun?"


"Also" means Makishima was involved, right?


That guy is not trying to get his hands on Aihara-san, is he?


Let's find out what he's up to.


"Aihara-san, did Makishima ask you out here?"


"Eh? Well, it's not like that."


Oh, Makishma didn't invite you to ......?


"I like soccer. And when I talked with Makishima-kun on the way home the day before yesterday, I felt like cheering for him."


"Oh, really?


I knew she had a crush on Makishima, didn't I?


I mean, what was she talking about on the way home?


"Sasaki, did Makishima-kun ask you out?"


"Well, something like that?"


"......Heh."


I actually told her I was going to go see the show, but that would have complicated things.


It's just a little different in nuance, but it's okay, right?


"Hey, Sasaki. Since we're here, let's watch it together. I was alone, so I was a bit nervous."


"Yes, that's fine."


To be honest, I was glad Aihara-san was there.


I wouldn't have known which seat to sit in if I was alone.


Since Makishima was starting from the bench, we sat together in the front seats in the direction of the enemy goal in the second half.


"I'm sure Makishima-kun will come out in the second half."


"The second half ...... hey."


The Makishima guy said he would definitely score a goal even if it was in a small amount of time, but I wonder if he is really okay with that.


The players came into the ground and started to get up.


Naturally, Makishima is there, and his serious gaze is a mixture of anticipation and anxiety.


"Makishima......"


Regardless of promises, if you don't get rewarded for your hard work ... I don't like it either.


I'm absolutely decide, Makishima.


I'll cook something for you.




--


Please follow my work and give me a star rating below.


2nd place for one day!


Weekly #8! We were up to No. 8 in the week!


Thank you all for the guesses!


It's very motivating!


--



PREV | NEXT